Every Storm Runs Out Of Rain And This One Is Running Dry

Every couple had their fights. It was part of the circle of life and Lucas knew this. But it didn't mean it hurt any less. The two were still adjusting to living together and so tensions were running slightly high. Lucas's schoolwork was piling up and Eliott had his exams to worry about. All in all, it was just a really stressful time for both of them. This had all built up and escalated into a full blown fight.

If you asked them what they were even fighting about, neither could remember. It may have started about not washing the dishes, but eventually they were just spitting nasty words to each other. Both the teenagers were trying to get a reaction out of the other and were saying things that they knew would hit a sore spot.

"Would you stop being so fucking insecure all the time Lucas? You have no idea how tiring it is trying to convince you that not everybody in the world is out to get you!"

"Me?! That's rich coming from Mr 'I'll just shut everybody out because I'll only hurt them later on'. You can cut the self sacrificing crap Eliott, nobody believes you"

"God you're such a fucking child!"

"Oh have you only just noticed? I am legally a child Eliott, but 10/10 for observation" Lucas spat, knowing full well he was being petty but he'd passed the point of caring.

"You know what, I can't deal with you right now" Eliott said as he walked towards the door.

"Oh yeah, real mature. Now who's acting like a stroppy kid" Lucas shouted at the figure walking out the door, his only reply being a deafening slam.

"Putain!" He screamed, throwing his phone across the room. Rationally he knew that was stupid, but he really didn't care right now. He threw himself on the sofa and screamed into the pillow.

After a few minutes, he had calmed down enough to clear the fog in his mind. Lucas noted a low rumble echoing through the apartment and he trudged over to the window. He moved the curtain and looked out into the stormy night. How fitting, he thought. That was exactly how he was feeling. He noted the heavy rain and he spared a thought towards his boyfriend. Although he was pissed at him, he didn't remember Eliott taking a jacket with him and he didn't want him to get sick. He shivered slightly, imagining how cold it must be. Yeah he really hated storms.

Suddenly the lights flickered above his head and they dimmed to black. Fuck fuck fuck! Lucas pressed himself against the glass and saw that the whole street had fallen into darkness. This was not good.

"Breathe Lucas, it's fine. Stop being dramatic. Just turn your torch o-" Fuck. He'd thrown it away. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Lucas slid down to the ground as he started to panic. He knew he was being pathetic, but there was a heavy feeling settling on his chest. He really hated the dark. Ever since he was little, it and seemed so scary and unforgiving. There were monsters in the dark and he was vulnerable. He really wished Eliott was here right now. Oh wait. He left. Of course he fucking did. You're so stupid! You drive everybody away because you're so selfish and useless. Eliott's abandoned you just like your dad did. It's your own fault. You're such a liability, so insecure and pathetic. Eliott was right earlier, it is exhausting trying to look after you.

By this point, Lucas had worked himself into a full blown panic. His breath was coming out in short pants and he was rocking himself forwards and back. His lungs felt like they were going to explode and the blood was pounding in his ears.

Eliott was stood outside lighting a cigarette. In his haste to leave he had forgotten a jacket and it was throwing it down. He wasn't about to go out in that, so he stood under the shelter of the entrance to their apartment and breathed in the cold air. He knew that Lucas didn't mean what he said. Hell, he didn't mean what he'd said to Lucas. But it didn't mean the sting hurt any less when he thought about what they'd said to each other. He just couldn't be in there anymore. He couldn't see Lucas's bright blue eyes filled with pain and anger. It hurt him too much. He was too afraid he would say something he would really regret, so he stormed out. He was contemplating going back upstairs when the streetlight above him flickered. Strange. Then one by one all the lamps died and Eliott was left in complete darkness. His eyes scanned over the other apartments, noting that all were in darkness. The storm must have cut a power line or something. He realised he had better go upstairs now that there was no streetlight to guide him.