•chapter one•

Danielle's POV

It was a nice, sunny day in Vancouver and I was waiting in the director's office for him to return, so he could explain my new internship on the set of Riverdale. I watched the actors outside the window, laughing and joking. They were now on their sixth season and looking for trainees to eventually take over directing. When I first moved to Vancouver, I had no idea, I would get a chance like this. I had always wanted to be a director and I knew that's what I was going to do, but I often got myself in trouble. My fiancé, Jacob, and I moved here last month looking for better opportunities. I had searched for what seemed like forever for a good internship or even a job to get me started. When I found a job a couple weeks ago, directing a new movie, I thought it was my big break, but when my boss pulled me into his office one morning and made it clear to me I was only there for him to play with, I quickly put him in his place and quit.

I was getting impatient, but sighed when I heard the door click and saw the director walk in.

"How are you today, Danielle?" He asked me politely as he took a seat behind his desk.

"I'm doing good. Thanks for asking." I smiled.

I really hoped I looked professional enough. I had on a tight black dress that came to my mid-thigh and I was suffering in some black heels.

"Well, as you know, I'll be training you to eventually take over as my partner. Today will be your first day, if that works with your schedule." He told me.

"Of course. That's awesome." I replied, excited to begin this new journey.

"Just a little tip. You don't have to dress up next time, I'm sure you would be much more comfortable in something other than heels." He smiled at me.

"Oh, well that's a relief." I sighed and reached down to take my heels off.

He laughed and stood up.

"Follow me and we'll introduce you to the cast members, since we work so closely with them." He held the door as I walked out on set.

They were currently filming at the Cooper house and Lili and Mädchen were giggling in between takes. I followed the director over towards them where he introduced me.

"This is Danielle, our new intern director. She'll be hanging out with us a lot."

Lili and Mädchen both smiled as Lili reached her hand out.

"Nice to meet you, Danielle. We're glad to have you!" She smiled sweetly and Mädchen agreed.

"Thank you. I'm looking forward to working with such talented actors." I replied.

"Awe, you're too sweet." Mädchen said.

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching the director do his job and laughing with the girls in between shots. I was glad that I was fitting in well. When everyone was wrapping up, Mädchen came over to me with a couple of people following her. I was reminded of the fact that I was barefoot and my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"Danielle! This is Nathalie and Vanessa." Mädchen said as she gestured to the ladies beside her.

They both greeted me and smiled at me. I returned the politeness, but I was quickly distracted by the man that came up behind them. He had dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes that seemed to stare a hole into your soul. He took my breath away.