02| FORKS, WASHINGTON

You would think that living in New Jersey and having to move every school year to the middle of nowhere, Scotland, that I would have been accustomed to moving, but that was far from the case. Here I stood outside our new three-story house that is literally in the middle of the forest in boring and cold Forks, Washington. 

The new building in front of her looked nothing like her home. Instead of the cozy one-story house in the small town of New Jersey, she was looking at an old Victorian three-story house. Though there was a much larger porch like the previous house, the house consisted of a robin blue paint for the exterior, a steeply pitched roof with gray tiles, and many windows all over the house including a balcony on the third floor.

 "A big pretty house is not going to fix this," I grumbled under my breath. 

After death eaters attacked our home my parents met with Dumbledore and other wizards, some sort of secret committee, to inform them about the attack. After their speculation together, it was concluded that we needed to move elsewhere, and far. 

You would think we would move across the globe or the say the least another country, but my parents decided that moving across the country would suffice.

You see both of my parents are American, my father was born and raised in New Jersey with British descent and my mother was raised in New York with Puerto Rican and Mexican parents. Quite the odd pair, right? However, they did not meet until they both attended Hogwarts. Unbeknownst to me, as to why they did not just attend Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry here in America, but I suppose I have Hogwarts to thank for their union thus my creation.

To my surprise though, I would have thought that their love for their alma mater, they would have chosen to move to England or Scotland where she would be closer to her friends. 

"Why did we have to move here out of the places in the world," I complained to my mother as she unloaded boxes from the truck. 

"It's a small town Marina, who would possibly look for us in such a rainy little spot in Washington?" She replied. She knew her mother had a point, but she still didn't see as to why they didn't just move to another continent where she could be spending her summer break visiting the Weasley's and Hermione whenever she pleased. Not that she couldn't use floo powder to visit them, but it's not like she wanted to hurl every day trying to visit them.

"Common kiddo there's still lots of unpacking to do, wipe that grim look off your face. I'm sure you'll get used to it you have all summer to explore." My father shimmied in as he exited the front door to unload more cargo. "Yay me, so much to explore in a town filled with 3,832 boring muggles."

"There you are Olive, I hope it wasn't too crowded in there for ya," Marina said as she lifted open a trunk that had a few of her belongings, mostly academic books, knickknacks, and most importantly her cat, Olive. 

She was her best friend beside her trio that was across the globe from her. She got the cat when she was walking down Diagon Alley a few years ago and a stray cat appeared out of nowhere while her sisters and she gazed at the latest broomstick. It was just destiny that Olive was meant to be hers. The cat gave her a side eye as if responding to her comment.

"Gees Louise, sorry bud. Why don't you go explore the house." And the cat once again seemingly listening to her owner's command walked out her bedroom. 

The bedroom was definitely much bigger than her old one and it laid in the very third floor of the house which she knew she was going to hate having to climb up all those stairs every day, might as well use a broomstick to fly up here, she thought.

However, she really loved the window seat that gave her a perfect view of the greenery of the forest. There wasn't much greenery at Hogwarts considering that half of the time it felt like it was covered in snow or the fact that she never bothered to go into the forbidden forest, not that there was much greenery there anyways. 

Her mind kept going back to Hogwarts no matter what she did or thought of. She took a seat on the window seat as she looked around her new room. The string lights hung perfectly around her room you can never go wrong with some even if it makes you a basic teenage girl, a blush pink carpet lay in the middle of the room, and she was still in the process of putting up pictures of her family and friends. 

Her eyes lingered to the one frame she had already placed on her nightstand. It was a picture of herself, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, at one of their very first quidditch games after Harry had almost died. They were all wearing Gryffindor gear, how much pride they had for their house. 

This was something she questioned often, as to why she was placed in Gryffindor when she felt that though she was brave and loyal there was something in her that was causing these whispers and visions and whatever it was couldn't be good. How can she be in Gryffindor when there is the possibility of evil in her body. 

"Hey, time for dinner short stacks, mom and dad brought food!" Katarina yelled as she appeared at the entrance of her room, snapping her out of her thoughts. I really need to stop zoning out like that, it's always been a bad habit.

"What's for dinner?" I asked as Katarina and I entered the dining room. 

"Burgers and chicken tenders from this restaurant in town called the Carver Café. Oh, and for dessert their famous blueberry pie. Look at us we're basically locals now!" My father replied as he held out two plastic bags and my sisters and I grumbled to our dad's cheesy nature. 

I'm sure that Forks, Washington is accustomed to supernatural beings all right.