03| THE WOODS

It had been a couple of days since we had moved and settled down in Forks and they had been filled with nothing but rain pouring down, confining me inside my room or exploring the new house. I currently sat on my wooden mustard yellow desk and chair writing letters to my friends who I desperately wished I had with me. 

I envied Harry so much because he was spending the whole summer with the Weasley family, but I know he's also only there because of his horrible muggle family. I cringe at that thought for a second and I'm instantly thankful that is not my situation. 

I licked closed the envelopes addressed to Ron and Harry and grabbed my quill to commence my next letter. 

"Dear, Hermione

There is not much of an update on my transition to this new town. The first few days have consisted of unpacking everything by hand, you know how my parents are with using magic out of school, especially for manual labor. I suppose this house isn't as bad as I made it out to be, it's huge compared to our previous house and I guess it's kind of exciting exploring it's little nook and crannies. 

Though, I think I might drive myself mad if I stay in this house any longer. The pouring rain has made it in possible to go out, but even then I don't know what there would be to do in this small town. I might just go out and explore. Who knows maybe I'll find a few herbs in the forest or even better a coven of witches? 

Enough about me, I know you're probably reading this and you'd only be telling me to quit fussing and muster up the energy to do something, even if it's to read a book. How's everything back home? I would hope that as the summer progresses we can all meet at the Weasley's to at least spend the last few days together before the next quarter begins. 

I miss you, please write soon so I'll have something to do.

Love,

Marina."

I sighed as I put down my quill and licked the envelope shut. "Here you go Theo, though you should wait until the rain simmers down, please have a safe journey," I said as I handed the envelopes to our family owl, Theo. He has golden-brown feathers on his uppersides and grayish-white on his chest and belly. The bird flew out of my window, completely ignoring what I said. I crossed my arms as I sunk further into my chair, staring at the ceiling while I contemplated what to do. 

"This summer will only be boring if you make it out to be! Now stop sulking we should go out and explore." My sister Katarina shouted as she made an entry to my room and plopped down my bed. 

"I am not sulking I just don't happen to be very fond of this weather! Either way, there's nothing to do here, they don't even have a movie theatre or a mall." I replied as I made my way to lay next to her. I'd like to say that all of my sisters and I have a fairly close relationship considering we're all just a few years apart in age. 

We all had our own group of friends back at school, but we enjoyed our company with one another both at school and at home. Despite wanting to murder them sometimes for being too obnoxious or loud, I know we all probably share the same thoughts on one another. 

"Let's go explore! This weather and house remind me of Coraline." Carolina chirped as she also made her way to my bed, jumping on top of Katarina and me. My first immediate reaction to this was pushing her completely off of me and on top of Kat. "Don't kill us before we get the chance to do so." I huffed. We all had the habit of surprising one another and somehow ending up in the same bed just talking. 

"Not if the evil Mother gets us first!" Carolina yelled. 

I rolled my eyes and let out a chuckle to her reference on the muggle animated movie we all loved. "Okay well we better get to it then shouldn't we?" Kat said.