The Other Side of Things

Ava's POV

God I just can't stop thinking about it. My best friend has super powers, kinda. And his parents are trying to hunt him down to kill him.

"Hey you okay?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, just thin-" I said as she got cut off.

"Ok cool." Then he went on talking to his friends across the booth from them.

We are at Tate's favorite place to eat and none of them have mentioned that him and Jos went missing two days ago. But it's not like they would really care, to them he is just a loser who plays soccer.

                         Reed's POV

God Tate's sitting out in the woods with my ex girlfriend, and we just broke up a month ago. And he ditched me and Ava and took our old hangout with them. I realize that they are hiding because of the situation but they could have at least told us what was going on. We promised no secrets in the second grade. This whole situation just makes me mad.

                        Payton's POV

"It's been two days since Tate has come to school, I wonder where he is?" I said.

"He's probably just sick, he doesn't have the greatest immune system." Bell responded.

"If he is sick he would answer his phone right? Why don't you just text him." Emma told Payton.

"I've tried, text and call, no answer. I mean he's my best friend. Maybe he's mad at me for something one of you guys try, Bell he'll answer you your his cousin." I told them.

"Alright I'll ask him. But he will probably answer Emma too." Be said.

"Fine I can text him." Emma said pulling out her phone.

*Ten minutes later*

"He should have answered by now." I said. "He would never miss a Movie Day."

"He's probably grounded." Vanna said.

"From school?" Bell said

"Well his car is still at his house." Vanna said.

"Stalker." Emma said.

"He lives up the street from us." Vanna said as she glared at Emma.

"Well where ever he is, it better have a good excuse why he isn't here." I said.

"Why don't we just ask his parents?" Raven said as she looked at everyone like they were stupid.

"Ok let's go!" I said eager to know where he is.

"Wait we haven't even watched the movie yet!" Bell said.

"Fine but pick a shorter movie." I said accepting defeat.

*One hour and a half later*

"I'll drive." Emma said as she grabbed her keys.

"C'mon let's go, we have places to be!" I said.

*Ten minutes later*

"We are here!" Emma said as she parked her car. Everyone got out and we all saw Tate's parents running to a car with a bunch of weird gear.

"Where are you two going in such a hurry?" Emma asked.

"There has been a robbery at the grocery store and no one saw anything except for a dark shadow!"