Chapter 21

(Please read A/N at the bottom. Continue and enjoy reading, loves💕)

||Word Count: 1772||

Sofia's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I felt and looked absolutely horrible. My head was pounding, my eyes stung from all the crying, and not to mention my heart still felt like there was a hole right in the middle of it.

Even though I felt and looked like I was dying, I still got up. I got up, went to the bathroom to try to fix the mess that was my face, I took a shower, I dressed up, and after that, I got out of my room and smiled.

I smiled like everything was okay. Like I was okay. Even though I wasn't.

"Hey Sofia, our parents wanted to me to come wait for you to get up so we could go see the beach at the back of the resort together" Josh said, getting up from the sofa as I faced him after coming out of my room.

"Oh, sure. Where are our parents?" I asked, walking towards the door with him.

"Probably at the dining room talking about business. I mean, what else would they do right?" Josh replied, sending me a half lifted smirk to which I just scoffed hopelessly at. "Anyway, are you okay? You seem pretty down today. Did something happen?" Josh asked as we stepped inside the elevator.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I just woke up at the wrong side of the bed" I replied, shrugging my shoulders just as the elevator doors opened.

We walked in silence towards the beach, which was a few minutes walk from the main lobby of the resort.

Once we got there, there weren't many people who were at the beach, probably because it was still pretty early and most people would still be having breakfast right now.

"Well, since it's still super hot for a swim, wanna just go over there and talk?" Josh asked, gesturing over to the stools near the beach bar.

"Yeah, sure" I replied before we made our way towards the stools. Once we were both seated, Josh ordered a fruit cocktail while I had a regular mango smoothie.

"Seriously? Cocktail at this time of the day?" I asked, looking at Josh weirdly before our drinks were served to us.

"Really? Mango smoothie before breakfast?" Josh fired back, taking a sip of his cocktail before looking at me with a victorious smirk, seeing as his comment made me shut up. I mean, he isn't wrong.

"Whatever, just wipe that smirk off your face" I said, playfully rolling my eyes before sipping my mango smoothie through the straw.

"Why? Is my smirk teasing you?" Josh asked, smirking even bigger which I just rolled my eyes at.

No, it's reminding me of someone who used to smirk at me like that. Someone I can't keep thinking about.

"Shut up" I said before flicking my straw at him, making a few droplets of my smoothie fly towards him.

"You're lucky this cocktail doesn't come with a straw and I don't want to waste it by pouring it all on you" Josh playfully threatened, making me laugh at his pretend 'scary' persona.

"Oh, aren't I lucky that the heavens are in my favor at the moment?" I replied sarcastically before flicking my straw at him again quickly, making him laugh hopelessly at my behavior.

"So anyway, what really happened?" Josh suddenly change the topic, making me crease my forehead slightly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, rotating my stool to face him completely.