Chapter 6

When you are thrust into a situation with adequate preparation, your strength as an individual becomes evident through how well you compose yourself and how victorious you are. To be placed in a situation where you really weren't sure of is a real huge piece of shit.

But stewing, grumbling, frowning, and negativity never solved a problem - be it impromptu or expected. Gloria's silence in the vehicle was really making Daniel and the rest nervous in car. Hilda had never seen her so angry yet determined. She really hated being out of control and surprises of any kind. Being as powerful as she is, it was difficult to surprise Gloria, so internally in the most secret inner place, Hilda was rejoicing that Gloria had been thrown off course fro a while. Knowing Gloria, Hilda could already see the schemes and defense mechanism she was putting in place.

The whole ride had been silent and uneventful - basically boring - with Daniel kicking himself for being a 'hormonal teenager', Derek's worry over his mom's unconsciousness and Hilda preparing for the villa, in case Gloria needed anything the ride could not have been more silent and thick with tension. Hilda was excited for the change in scenery, being a person who didn't love to stay at one place for long time; she was really looking forward to life with the Storm Pack.

From her early teens everyone who was part of her coven knew she was a powerful witch. More powerful than her elder sister Hannah, who was the next leader? Leading wasn't meant for her. According to her destiny reading, she was born to achieve greater things with her familiar, Gloria. They were going to cause change among the supernatural in and out of this realm.

What still confused her though is she still didn't know the other half of Gloria's soul, they knew each one's secrets as soon as they bonded, but you can't know the secret that I don't know. They have tried all they could to figure it out but it had all led to one result - nothing. It was really bugging that with all her power, Hilda could still not figure out what the other half of Gloria's soul was.

When the car stopped, Hilda realized they parked at the gate of the villa in the woods. They didn't bring their van this far on the night of their raid. A young security personnel, who was obviously a wolf inspected Gloria's SUV before letting them in. Daniel could obviously not have driven them in his small sports car. Hilda laughs when she heard Gloria's sarcastic reply to Daniel's question. She was really pissed at him but Hilda knew Gloria's anger will not be directed to the pack until someone really deserved it.

The electric gates opened and the SUV rolled into the estate. Gloria and Hilda knew that the main mansion was a distance from the gate but Derek didn't and he was taking in the beautiful scene intently. He could see wolves running in the woods toward on destination; that sight was really beautiful and emotional for him. He didn't have the chance to run with his pack as a kid before it was totally decimated. Even-though his mom is supportive and helps him run once a while in the forest at night with wolves conjured from hers and Hilda's illusions, he still wanted to be part of the real thing.

Gloria knew of Derek's desire to run with a pack and his family and right now, she was glad that being a part of this pack will provide a semblance to it for the young pup. She also knew that this pack will help Derek make friends. He had not been able to do that because of the volatility of his shifting with emotions when h was younger and him being closed off to people because of the too bright emotions and loudness of other kids. Derek simply could not make friends and Gloria was secretly hoping that would change with the pack.

They rolled to a stop at the entrance of the mansion. Gloria had not seen the front view of the Storms over a century old mansion. She was only at the top the night of their raid/operation. Gloria could feel the excitement thrumming from the house, so could Hilda and Derek. A valet took the key and drove The SUV off.

"Some of the wolves will bring your things to your room". Daniel broke the silence. "Let's get in".

The ancient oak doors swung open on their own accord and the crew entered the foyer of the mansion. It was quite a sight to behold. The ceiling had murals dating up to the 16th century, priceless paintings and beautiful flowers in vases with designs that were over a century old.

"Okay, I need to ask," Hilda broke the silence. "Did the door open by tech or magic? I am in someone's house so I don't want to use magic till I've got to." She added.

"As Gloria's familiar, this is your home too so you can you your magic as want; provided there is no destruction involved of course." Daniel answered. "With respect to the doors, no one knows. The mansion is sentient and sometimes she does things for the ones she likes. The magic here I believe is very old."

"Did you refer to the building as a she?" Gloria asked while inspecting the art and decorations in the foyer leading to the main hall. She and Hilda knew every corner of this building from their heist prep.

"Yes." Daniel answered. "It was named by the ancestor who built it for his only daughter Gertrud. So the entire villa is the storm villa but the main mansion Is Casa Gertrud. She fed her magic into the mansion before she died so that her children and future descendants will always have her protection."

Gloria was impressed by this. She opened her magical channel to the Casa and so did Hilda and Derek. The magic around the house quickly latched onto hem and pulled them inside her. They had a welcome and the fastest tour of the mansion. Although they scouted the mansion before their theft, they found out that they didn't know every part of the mansion. They were shown their rooms, and even to the expansive forest surrounding the estate. They could never get lost.

Another thing they noticed was that the Casa allowed them to enter the night of their raid because it could have created great obstacles for them otherwise. They came to a few minutes later with a full knowledge of the villa and its history. Gertrud's spirit has been with them for really long.

"Alright, let's not keep them waiting any longer. The excitement you felt earlier was not only from the Casa but from the pack as well. They are all waiting in the ballroom. All 309 and counting of them that in the country. Some are on diplomatic missions in other packs." Daniel reminded them.

They turned to the ballroom and the double doors were opened by two young pups in black and white clothes to a huge mass of people. Everyone in the room was watching the new alpha couple, the Luna's son and her familiar who was also a witch. They couldn't be more shocked except that Gertrud welcomed them right away.

Gloria was proud that Derek was not intimidated by the stares from the strangers, he was standing with head held high looking at them straight in the eye.

'It must be an alpha thing.' She thought to Hilda who was surprised seeing this side of the boy.

"Stop gawking like they are endangered species and let the through." A sweet but still commanding voice spoke from the farther side of the hall. "I want to see the girl who is fated for my son by the goddess."

Gloria realized it was her Mother-in-law. The crowd parted to reveal a petite and beautiful woman with a shock red hair that was held in a messy bun. She was dressed like she was having tea in the garden and some people in heavy blue cloaks were standing behind her. The cloaks were of a material Gloria didn't know of and the cowls were up so their faces could not be seen.

Daniel placed his hand in Gloria's, who also took her son's hand and the walked to the front with Hilda following them. She was trying to look as intimidating as possible but she couldn't pull it off with her cute dress and gladiator sandals. She was really short for her 5"2 in the room of tall gladiators and amazons. She knew she could take any of them on and hand their asses to them anytime but, they didn't know that. This caused her to smirk mischievously causing some people to check themselves.

They made it to the front and Daniel began to make his introduction of the Luna and her family to the pack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks guys. Another chapter produced.

Comment.

Vote and enjoy.