Football cards pt.2

"Betty sweetie what's wrong?" Alice asked worriedly as she saw her daughter walk through the door in fits of tears. "T...they humiliated me mom" she stuttered out,making her cry even more. "I'm going to go to my room and try to relax, I love you" "I love you too sweetie" Alice smiled and pulled her in for a hug,before Betty had rushed upstairs. After a few minutes she had partly got herself together and drifted off to sleep.
The next day arrived and Betty sighed realising it was a school day,and she'd have to face everyone. Football cards Betty, really? She repeated to herself over and over. She ended up checking out her in outfit in the small mirror situated in the corner,only to see a small bruise below her eye but because of its size she decided against covering it up. "Are you ok honey?" Her mom asked as she sat on the edge of her clearly worn down single mattress. "In all honesty I'm just extremely nervous for today. I was humiliated last night and who's to say they can't do it again?" She sniffled "oh sweetie,they aren't worth it,they are a bunch of low life's who have nothing better to do. Sure we don't have as much money as them but we are all the same and don't let them think different. Now get to school otherwise you'll be late" she finished placing a kiss on her forehead.
Walking down the corridor was definitely the hardest part,Betty had decided after only being there for a few minutes. "That's the girl from last night" "football cards" people whispered,and some even chanting things at her. "Look who it is" none other than Jughead Jones smirked and stopped before her. "Please let me past" she whispered,obviously afraid of the gang of jocks behind him. "Guess What Betty? I got a gold football card!" He chuckled,which made everyone else burst out into fits of laughter "fairly good considering they were from the dollar store" he smirked as she felt her entire face go red. "Aw look she's gone red" Archie pointed out "poor baby" came from another jock,before they were all throwing insults at her. Suddenly head started spinning and her hands became clammy, She noticed this and realised she was about to have a panic attack in front of everyone. Luckily she managed to push past them all and run to the bathroom,before locking herself in a stall. The sweat was dripping as she was hyperventilating badly. "No no please stop" she whispered,trying to calm her body. "Where is that bitch Betty cooper then?" She heard Cheryl shout over the stalls,before getting to Betty's and kicking the door down.  "Are you having a panic attack?" Cheryl questioned,and Betty was unsure whether she was being sincere or not so decided to nod before calming herself down. "Pathetic" Cheryl said and strutted off,as usual. There wasn't much left for her to do but sit and cry. Betty had been bullied for years and in a way was used to it all,but for some reason this felt different and it wasn't in a good way at all.  The next few lessons weren't bad for Betty as she had a double English period,which of course was her favourite. Of course the happiness had to stop when lunch rolled around. Betty would typically sit alone under a tree and no one would care to notice,but she knew it'd be different know and prayed that jughead didn't come up to her. "Well well if it isn't little Blondie" she heard as jughead walked up to her "watcha reading" he smirked and snatched the book out of her hand,skimming the pages" oh how cute it says you are the best person" he laughed "that's not quite true there Betty,no one likes you and I'm sure only mommy and daddy love you" he finished and ripped the book apart. "No jughead stop!" She cried and attempted to reach for the book "looks like blondie has her tongue back" "please jughead I'm begging you" She cried as he finished ripping the last piece. Attempting to put a page back together she rummaged through the piles of shredded paper. "Alright boys scram,I'll be back in a minute" he smirked "please....please just help me find this one piece" she choked on her own tears "what's so special about it anyway?" "My...my dad bought me it". "And? Just get him to buy you another one" he laughed "he's dead jughead,I don't think he can do that. It's just this one page where he wrote me a note,and I...I need to put it back together because the only thing I have left of him" "I...I can't find it!" She shouted,bringing her knees to her face as she cried. "Betty please stop that" he snapped "stop crying over my dad dying? How fucking cold hearted could you be? I lost everything,every single thing the day my father died. He meant the world to my mom and I and we meant the world to him. Then one day he started coughing up blood and was rushed to the hospital,only to find out that he had cancer and died a few days after. When I read that book I feel as though he's with me,since he read it to me every night when I was little. I miss him more than anything and I really wish you didn't do that" she finished,crying even more than before. Jughead's heart snapped as she ran away. "Boys get back over here!" He shouted and they all came running over "I need you to look for a note,like maybe on a sticky note or something but don't read it and as soon as you find it hand it to Me" he finished and started searching himself. "Jones!" Archie shouted and handed him a large pink sticky note that he had some how managed to not rip. "Thanks arch,go back everyone I'll be back in a minute" he shouted so he could read what the note said. 'My darling Betty I got you this so you can always remember me. I'm in the hospital room with you beside me and as always you're curious you're wondering what I'm doing. I really hoped that one day I'd be reading your name on a book,because I know how badly you want to be come an author but I'll always be watching over you.I love you sweetie,don't ever forget that.' Jughead felt a tear roll down his face. For years he had verbally and had got to the girls to physically bully her,and she was going through this. He admired the strength that this girl had shown and decided he would never say a mean word to her ever again.
Jughead had an idea of where Betty lived but he wasn't completely sure,so when he reached her apartment blocks he saw an old lady just entering "excuse me miss do you know where the coopers live?" "Number 72 my dear,come in" she smiled and let jughead past. He scanned the floors for number 72 and when he finally approached it he heard a girl crying,behind the thin walls. He decided to just open the door in hopes that she hadn't locked it and welcomed himself in. The apartment was tiny,consisting of only a small kitchen,a scrapped up sofa,bathroom and a bedroom. "Betty" he whispered as she jolted round. "No...no! You can't be in here! Oh my god jughead please go!" She shouted,pushing him towards the door. "I need to give you something" "jughead please it's a mess in here we can't afford much and we don't have a cleaner like you properly do and I hate it here and please go!" She ranted,not even giving herself chance to catch a breath "I don't care Betty,it's just a house" she sighed with relief and sat on the sofa. "I found the note" he smiled handing it to her gently "thank you so much...you have no idea how much this means to me" she sniffled but smiled. "We didn't use to live like this. We actually lived in a huge house on elm street up until my father passed,and my mom couldn't afford the bills. I miss my old home but this is fine I suppose" jughead didn't say anything and instead enveloped her in a hug. "Oh mom you're home" Betty smiled "I am sweetie I got off a little earlier today,is that jughead?" Alice looked furious "yes it is,but please leave it mom I have this one" "I trust you betty but you jughead if you do one more thing to hurt my daughter I will hurt you" Alice threatened "woah mom!" "No betts it's fine. I promise that I will never put a frown on your daughters face again miss cooper" he smiled. "Well I'm making dinner so how about you two head to Betty's room" her face dropped as Alice lead them to her room. Jughead's heart snapped once again as he looked around at the tiny room,which consisted of a small mattress on the floor,a dresser and mirror all of which where clearly old and battered "I'm sorry about the mess" she looked down "don't worry about it". "I'm sorry Betty,like really fucking sorry. I had no idea that you were living like this and even if you weren't I'm sure me bullying you wouldn't of made anything better. Whatever I said to you I'm sorry and you need to know that I didn't mean it. I'll admit that I was an asshole and I regret how badly I treated you. However I promise that if you forgive me I will treat you better than I've ever treated anyone. Please can we be friends?" He smiled wiping his own tear off his face. "Of course we can" Betty replied and pulled him in for a hug. Jughead quickly tackled her to her bed and began to tickle her,so she was uncontrollably laughing. "What was that for?" She giggled "I just wanted to see you smile"
AN/ yay or nay? I think it's cute haha. Please remember to not swear in the comments and you guys always get reported,meaning I can't reply haha. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and part 3,I'd so what would you like to see? Xx