Introduction/Rules

Hellooo!

Welcome to the Kay Awards, hosted by Kimmy and Jay!

The Kay Awards is a playful idea Kimmy came up with, where we picked five judges to judge five categories of books! The categories are listed below (and will be in further detail in the next chapter):
1) romance
2) teen fiction
3) chicklit
4) supernatural
5) short story

The form to enter will be in the next chapter! This chapter is just full of rules and an introduction to the actual process.

This book isn't to be taken super seriously. Of course you should strive to win, as always, but this book isn't in ANY way to make you feel bad about yourself/your writing abilities. It's all fun! All of you are amazing writers in different ways of course ♥️

SO. We've got to lay down some ground rules.

1: Don't take it too seriously.
It's no one's intention to hurt any feelings, make anyone doubt their abilities, or make anyone feel bad about themselves, as stated above. Don't take it too seriously, or else you'll just make it less... fun than it's supposed to be.

2: Don't ruin the vibe/be rude to anyone else!
This is playful. A fun, little contest that should stay fun and have only good vibes. Don't ruin the vibe for someone else by being negative or spreading negativity! If you're hateful to anyone, you will be disqualified.

3: Be patient!
The five judges have a very extensive and intense job and it will take a while to judge. So be patient, don't poke and prod!

4: Follow whoiskim & of course, myself.
You must follow Kimmy, myself, AND the judge of the genre you're entering in. The judges will be listed in the next chapter, and whatever genre you choose to enter, you must follow the judge of that genre!

5: Late entries: NO.
If your entry is submitted past the given date, it will not be valid. You MUST submit your entry within the entry date. Obviously..?

6: Stay active!
This is for if we/the judges need to contact you for any reason, we need to be able to get a response ASAP!

7: Absolutely no bribing.
No caption for this one.

8: No entries past July 8th at 11:59 P.M. will be accepted.

That's about it for the rules, I feel like they might be pretty easy to follow. Don't be overly difficult, that was kind of self explanatory.

I really hope you guys are excited! The form to enter will be in the next chapter, along with judge/genre information that wasn't covered in this chapter! If you have any questions please comment RIGHT HERE so we can maybe cover it in the next chapter!

Until then!

Xo, Kimmy and Jay