What is included in the Film Proposal Template?

Let's start with the basic need for your proposal:

Film Synopsis

The introduction or synopsis is the most critical element of your film proposal. It tells how compelling the project is and reveals how passionate the filmmaker is. If your synopsis is dynamic and is strategically placed, it will remain active in the readers mind.

The Logline

If you speak to a producer, director or agent, that person will ask you: What is your script about? This is your Logline. You will have 30 seconds to describe the plot in a captivating way and be able to state the main concept of your story in one concise sentence.

Screenplay Structure

This is a visual industry and the person reading your film proposal needs to visualize your story, here you will give a brief summary of each scene that includes pictures. Many screenplays are organized into a 3-act structure.

Act 1: The Set Up: classically 30 minutes long us where the situation and characters and conflict are introduced.

Act 2: The Conflict: often an hour long, is where the conflict begins and expands until it reaches a crisis.

Act 3: The Resolution: the conflict rises to one more crisis and is then resolved.

Characters / Actors

Describe the character or actors in detail and why their experience is important to your film.

Film Treatment

This part of the film proposal should read like a short story and be written in the present tense. The film treatment presents the entire story including the ending, and use some key scenes and dialogue from the screenplay it is based on. It is more detailed than the synopsis and may include details of directorial style that an outline omits.

Sample Pages

This is pretty important. This is your chance to wow the reader with either the start of script or what you think would have them begging for more. Be aware that they may ask for a finished script. Be sure to cut to the chase.

MORE DETIAL:

Production Crew

Include brief biographies of your key crew (e.g Producer, Director, Writer, Director of Photography, Sound Editor, etc). Include information that shows their experience in your type of film and why they are beneficial to the project. The stronger your crew is, the more likely your project will get funded.

Mood Board

Also called a Look Book, create a visual representation of the ambiance of your film giving the reader a feeling of what your film will look like. It tells the story of your film in pictures.

Storyboard Template

Storyboard to easily plan your shot list.

Target Audience

Abbreviated BudgetAdd the top sheet created in your Film Budget that shows your proposed expenses and income in abbreviated form.

RESOURCES:

https://www.writersstore.com/how-to-write-a-screenplay-a-guide-to-scriptwriting/

https://www.scriptreaderpro.com/screenplay-example/

http://www.filmdaily.tv/funding/film-proposal-template