Chapter Thirty Seven

wow i don't even know why i put the end there. soo recap since its been really long.

She laid down under the parasol that was blocking all the sun light. The way she laid down was in a position that exposed her back. Yuzu nervously laughed " Wh... What do you want me to do?"

"Can you apply some sunscreen on my back?"

on with the story -_-

"Um, sure?" Yuzu said.

Aki laid her back on the prepared blanket under the parasol, reaching for the sunscreen. "Here."

Yuzu grabbed it without hesitation. Dropping to her knees, she opened the bottle and squirted a bit too much. Aki had her head turned so lucky for Yuzu, there was no complaints.

Rubbing her two hands together, she pulled them apart and gently placed them on Aki's back. A slight gasp was heard from her. Yuzu thought it was too sudden.

Yuzu sighed as she started to rub the applied material on her back.

Her back is smooth...

"Ooh.." Aki's muffled voice was heard beneath her arms. She seemed like she was having trouble getting her breathing steady.

She stopped moving her hands and asked in a concerned tone. "A-Are you okay?!"

"Yes, I'm fine.. Please go o-on."

Yuzu tried to move her hands slowly but she added so much sunscreen, it was slippery.

Aki's chest heaved up and down. Yuzu kept an awkward face as people were staring at the two of them.

"Would you like some help?"

Yuzu glanced over to the direction of the voice, smiling. "That'd be helpful, Mei."

Mei got down on her knees next to Yuzu. Once she got down, her hands immediately went to Aki's back. After she got down, Yuzu's face burned even more since Mei's knee was touching the side of her thigh. She didn't want to seem rude so she said nothing.

"Oh my god..." Aki murmured, her legs squirming a little. Her pale cheeks turned into a blush.

Yuzu's face was burning, not from the sun but the embarrassment. They were getting glances that said: What's happening over there? Obviously adding sunscreen to somebody's back. There was only three more days until they'd get back. 

"Yuzu?" Mei whispered enough for Yuzu herself to hear.

"Mhmm?"

"Could I talk to you?" She paused and thought her words more carefully and whispered. "Privately?"

"Sure." Yuzu murmured. "When?"

"Somewhere today would be nice."

"Consider it done." Yuzu nodded and looked at Aki and pried her hands off with Mei. "I think that's good enough for your back, Kagaya-san.".

Her back was incredibly white from the sunscreen but other than that, it seemed fine.

Aki frowned as she looked over her shoulder. "You added too much, Okogi."

Yuzu shrugged. "Too late now."

"Yoo everybody!" It was Rei's voice. He jogged over to Aki and wrapped his muscular arm around her neck. "Heard what happened this morning. You okay, sissy?"

"Stop calling me that!" She hissed but took a deep breath. "I'm okay. Just a bit shaken up."

"Rei, the girls are waiting." a boy out of nowhere appeared at his side, whispering.

He seemed familiar...

Yuzu snapped her fingers, her eyebrows raising. Right! It's that quiet, handsome dude from that karaoke place! (And she doesn't know why Mei's bestfriend, Momokino still hates her.)

She looked into his eyes, examining it. They were the blackest shade of black she had ever seen. His skin was pale just like Mei's. He had the figure of a broad shouldered man and a tall, muscular figure, making him very attractive. If this was Yuzu's old self, she'd probably by now, ask for his number. But... she changed. Not knowing why or how, she shrugged it off.

His eyes caught the attention of Yuzu's bright and colorful swimsuit and he stared real hard at her face before seeing small recognition. "You're that girl from that bar..."

"Bar?" Rei laughed. "A liquor bar?" Aki elbowed him in the sides, scolding him how to show proper manners.

"The karaoke bar." he said, scowling at him. He looked at Yuzu, most likely staring hard at her with his grey eyes. "You are, aren't you?"

Yuzu shivered. It was hot outside but it was cold. That made no sense. "Yes I am. I'm glad you remember me."

The young man snickered lightly. "How could I not remember you? That was quite a scene. I also saw what happened in that car of yours."

"What did I do?"

Mei, whom has been quiet stepped in. "Rather knowing that, I'd rather know introductions."

"Aihara-san, it's a pleasure to meet you." he gave a small bow towards her. "My name is Akio Ito." Suddenly, he gently grabbed a hand of Mei's and kissed the top of her hand. In return, he received a small gasp from her. Sneakily, he glanced over at Yuzu who frowned at the sight.

Ah. So this is what it is. He thought.

Mei pulled her hand away on reflex. She looked at Yuzu with a unreadable expression. It wasn't that she had no expression. It was that kind of look that nobody could identify.

"Uhm.. Uh..." Mei was stuttering, fumbling for words. Akio nodded his head as if he was listening to a story with great interest. Nonetheless, he enjoyed the sight of Mei. It wasn't often that you left the Aihara family speechless.

Yuzu pursed her lips together. A twinge of mixed emotions breathed into her, her body suddenly becoming hot.

This is weird. Is my body acting up?

Nobody seemed to notice as Yuzu took a few deep breaths, calming herself.

Aki was pointing some names out to Akio and pointed at Yuzu who gave a faint smile at him. Later on at sunset, Rei and Akio said their goodbyes, leaving the three girls alone.

"I'm going to look for Aoi." Mei said, walking away without a bye.

It left Aki and Yuzu alone. 

Aki started to fidget, nervous about something.

"Aki?" It felt weird not saying her surname. They only met two days ago and are at this point in a friendship already. 

She jumped from only hearing her name but sighed. "Did I tell you to use my name?"

Yuzu bit her lip. "Sorry, I thought-"

"It's okay." She grabbed strands of hair, playing with it like twirling it around and other stuff. She took a deep breath. "Do you have some time tomorrow night?"

Yuzu tilted her head back, her mouth slightly open. Her mind was blank for any schedules tomorrow. Her head tilted forward to look at her, smiling sweetly. "I have some time."

Aki's mouth curled up a bit. "I'll see you tomorrow night then."

"Huh? See me where?"

Her cheeks formed a blush. "You'll see. Also... wear nice clothing please."

"Okay?" Yuzu's voice full of doubt and confusion. But she stopped and thought for a second. "I need to go right now. I'm going to meet up with Mei."

"I'll see you then." a hint of disappointment and happiness mixed into her tone.

They gave awkward waves, slowly parting their ways.