Chapter 4

I'd spent my Sunday how I spent pretty much every Sunday: Lounging in jogging bottoms and an old jumper, drinking countless cups of tea and coffee whilst watching back to back episodes of Come Dine with Me. That was my idea of the 'day of rest'. The living room hadn't seen the light of day and for all I knew, the outside world could have completely stopped turning.

When I looked at my phone, it was 5.50pm. The day was almost over and as usual, the dread of having to go to work the next day loomed over me. I far from hated my job, but I was convinced that Mondays should be part of the weekend. The world would be a better place with four day weeks and no Monday morning blues.

As I settled down after making yet another cup of tea, curling myself up in the blanket that was draped over the arm of the sofa, my phone began to ring.
"Bonjour" I smiled, putting my tea down on the side and flicking the TV to mute.
"Ah, parlez -vous Francais?"
Harry's voice sounded even sexier when he spoke French- so deep and well-articulated. My heart practically jumped from my mouth.
"That's about all the French you're getting from me."
He laughed. "How are you?"
"I'm good, thank you. And yourself?"
"Tired."
"Busy day?"
"Yeah, I've been up since 6.30am. Long day in the studio," he sighed in exhaustion. "How was your day?"
"Yeah... stressful..."
"You've sat on the sofa and drank tea all day, haven't you?"
"How could you even accuse me of such a thing?" I mocked offence.
"Because I know what you like to do on Sundays. Well, as well as go to coffee shops and-"
I hushed him quickly, and I could hear him laugh on the other end.
"Okay fine. So I may or may not have spent the entire day on the sofa. But the Bible tells us that Sundays are for rest."
"The Bible also tells us not to have sex before marriage."
"I have selective Bible hearing."
He laughed. "I'm glad."
"So what have you got on this week?"
"Funny you should say that. We're actually flying out to Sweden later on tonight."
"Oh?"
"Final touches to the album."
"You don't sound too thrilled..."
"It just means five days of early starts and late finishes. With hundreds of screaming girls in between."
"The trials and tribulations of a boyband member, eh?" I laughed. "Although, surely screaming teen girls can't be that bad?"
"There's only one girl I enjoy hearing scream" he stated with a hint of amusement.
"That almost sounds a little sinister..."
"She enjoys it."
"I'm sure she does." I grinned to myself and was certain that he was doing the same on the other end. "So when do you get back from Sweden?"
"Next Friday."
"That's not so bad. It'll go quickly."
"Hmm." He paused for a moment. "What are you doing next weekend?"
I scanned my mental diary. "Nothing that I'm aware of."
"I have the whole of next weekend free, so why don't you stay at mine?"
"For the whole weekend?"
"Yes."
I smiled to myself. "That would be nice."
"Our flight gets in at 12.45am on Friday- Saturday morning. I can pick you straight up from yours on my drive back."
A sudden thought crossed my mind. "What about paps and stuff? Will they not be outside your house?"
"Not at that time, no."
"And during the weekend?" I queried.
"Who said anything about leaving the house?"
I could picture him smirking on the other end. "Touché."
"I wouldn't bother bringing a change of clothes either."
I laughed.
"I mean it. I want you naked the entire weekend."
Heat rose to my cheeks instantly, as well as right between my legs.
"We'll see" I managed to half-heartedly mumble, now very distracted by the thought of an entire weekend naked with Harry.
"Yes, we will."
Harry's voice was laced with wicked promise, and it had me right on the edge of my seat, desperate to know more. I'd come to learn and love that he was full of surprises.
"I've got to go." He sounded disappointed. "I have someone banging on my door and I assume it's my manager here to make sure I'm packing. I haven't even started."
"Well go and get packing then!"
"Stop distracting me then."
"I am doing no such thing. Now go and pack!"
He laughed in defeat. "I'll call you when we land back home."
My insides warmed. "Have a safe flight."
"Thank you. I hope you have a good week at work."
"I'll see you next week, Harry."