Chapter 3: Weight

What had been, about a week since the party happened? I haven't slept very much since, and time seems to be moving a lot slower these days. Jihan doesn't know anything that happened either, just some spotty memories she brought up but nothing that would bring me to tell her about the closet.

Well, him or the closet.

That was honestly the first time I didn't worry about my body being gross, or feeling like I was somehow not beautiful.

It's strange.

Comfortable is what I say I am with myself, but I'm a self deprecating individual who is this sad, lonely ball of feelings. In that closet (Y/n) the fat girl was just (Y/n). She was still me, and she was so much more. It was thrilling compared to my everyday life of school and work. A small part of me was craving it, the wild and recklessness of being there with him. Sadly, that feverish Cinderella moment was over.

What made this lustful longing worse was the fact that he chose to be in there, and chose to kiss me. He didn't have to any of it but he did. No matter how much I tried not to think about it I was just pulled back by the memory of how his lips seemed to fit perfectly with mine. Just who was he? Placing his voice was nearly impossible when the university was attended Hy thousands, and that he only spoke in a whisper. I'd probably never know who kept me up at night.

"Hey, (Y/n)?" My eyes shift from my textbook that my face was practically buried in. Jihan sat her lunch tray on the lunch table I occupied while studying in the campus cafeteria. It was large, dozens of students used the hall as a hideaway until their classes actually began. Including myself. "I don't know if you noticed, but that guy keeps looking at you," Jihan points to another table a good distance away at a guy with onyx hair who seemed to be sitting the campus 'princes'. Jeongguk, and Jimin were on either side of him and he didn't seem to be talking to them very much. "Him? No chance, if he's looking over here it's because of you," I return to my book and reach for the fruit on my own tray. "No! Look, he's doing it again!" With an exaggerated sigh I raise my head once more only to find that he indeed was looking at me, our eye contact was entirely locked on with no sign of letting up. Something about his face seemed familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it. Finally, he stood up and smiled before eaving a hand over to me. "Kitchen girl!"

Wait...

"Taehyung?" My head tilts to the side at his new look. He seemed older, possibly more mature compared to the flashy blue boy I see at the party. "Wait Taehyung, as in The Kim Taehyung? How the hell do you know him?" Jihan hit my arm repeatedly demanding answers. Brushing her off, I question why it was such a big deal to know the guy. "Oh my fucking god, do you hear yourself?" I furrow my brows, only becoming more confused with Jihan's behavior as I see Taehyung walking our direction. "He's a visual arts major, talented ass choir boy... Actually scratch that, he is multi-talented in a lot of fields and he's the other '95 liner of the Bangtan princes. Dude, how do you NOT know?"

"Not know, what?" Taehyung was now sitting on the opposite side of me, Jihan squealing regardless if he heard. "Nice hair," changing the topic seemed the most appropriate and no one seemed to question it. It was silent for a few moments, so I decided to look back to my textbook. This was my first mistake. A hand came to the side of face, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before the accompanying arm decided to make it's way around my shoulders. Taehyung's face leaned closely to mine as his eyes roamed the pages. "What are you doing? If you want to stay popular, you shouldn't be so close."

"Why? Who cares? This isn't highschool anymore, so it doesn't really matter," he continued on reading with me like that for a while. I didn't really mind him there, but someone definitely did. The whispers started slowly, nothing too noticeable at first. Little did we know that they were only the beginning of a horrible chain of events.

Let me explain, here in a school of arts everything is overdramatic. Whether you're an actor, or a sculptor beauty was important here and if a weed sits with flowers no one has an issue attacking. Human pesticides. Social pyramid where people like me are the bugs they want to keep out. Everyone knew of this unspoken rule, even the professors but it was never stopped. That's why someone as beautiful as Jihan isn't among the popular crowd here. She chose me over them. Something I will never forget, but I have a tendency to wish she hadn't made that decision.

"Taehyungie~ What are you doing with... them?"

It was starting.

"Just eating lunch."

"Okay, but why are you touching that thing?"

My breath catches in my throat when I see who stood at the end of the table. Minseo, queen of the drama majors, her eyes icy as ever causing a chill to run down my spine. "Taehyung, let go," embarrassment was an understatement. A woman like her couldn't even recognize me as human at least, and he was apart of her crowd. The human works of art. Somewhere I didn't belong and was fine with but I wasn't aware I was that much lesser than them.

Taehyung didn't comply at first, just staring at Minseo without saying a word. I personally couldn't take her glare anymore so I shrugged him of myself. Jihan's hand entwined with mine and we began fathering our things quickly. "Wait (Y/n), you don't have to go," Taehyung held my textbook down in a strange attempt to keep me from leaving. Weight is the problem here... No words left my mouth as I slipped the book away and into my bag while Minseo sat beside him. Her smile bright and lovely as she wraps herself around Taehyung's arm.  This only made it more evident that we came from two different worlds.

Just like that me and Jihan left. Our classes being soon anyway. I wasn't hurt, I was just tired. Taehyung made a good point that these things shouldn't matter and so this whole event didn't bother me as much as it seemed.

The only thing bothering me was the look in Taehyung's eyes when Minseo referred to me as a 'thing'. Maybe it was just me, but he didn't seem okay with it at all. I'm just glad he didn't make the same mistake as Jihan. I love her, but I know she'd be better off with people more like her.

Beautiful.