Crash

I had gotten my license a week and a half ago, and it's the first day of summer. School had just gotten out half an hour before and I was at my house dropping off my stuff before going to my boyfriends house to hang out for a bit.

We had been dating for just under 6 months, he asked me out before we went on Christmas break. I put his address in on my phone because I hadn't drove there myself before, I've always gotten rides.

I pulled my truck up next to his in the driveway after a 20 minute drive from my house since he lives in the country. The horses were roaming around in their pen, we ride them with his sister sometimes when its nice out.

I walked into the house and took of my black and white nike tennis shoes, putting them neatly on the mat next to either his or his older brothers cowboy boots. After poking my head in the living room on the way to the stair to make sure he wasn't in there I walked up the stairs, counting them as I go up since I do it every time.

I walk down the hallway and get to his bedroom door and knock on it. A second later his little brother opens the door, "Hi, Ebony!" He said, opening the door for me to come inside the room.

"Hey, Liam," I walked over to where Michael was laying down on on his bed and laid down next to him, "Hey, Maverick, school got you beat?"

"No, just taking a nap to recharge before you got here" Maverick responded, looking at me.

"That sounds nice, I took so many pictures so my face is tired"

"Wanna nap?"

"Yeah, I just gotta be home by 7 because I'm going to Kira's end of the school year party at 8"

"Am I invited?"

"No, sorry, just her friends. I wish though. But do you really want to be with a bunch of girls all night and day"

"That's true, I can already barely handle Liam and Lacey"

"Hey! I heard that! We share a room you know!" Liam called out from across the room.

"Shut up, Liam, we're going to take a nap, so why don't you go hang out with Lacey or Mason?" Maverick told Liam, and Liam left, groaning.

"Remember door open when I'm not in here!" He called as he left, "Mason! Lacey! I need somebody to hang out with!"

"I thought he was mature for just getting out of 6th grade but I guess not" I told Maverick, resting my head on his chest, "let's nap now"

I felt him nod, then heard his slight snoring a few minutes later. I followed suit and closed my eyes, falling asleep rather quickly.

"Maverick, Ebony, wake up, it's time for dinner" I heard from the doorway. I opened my eyes and looked at Maverick, who was still asleep.

Mavericks mom was standing in the doorway waiting for us to get up, "I'll get him up" I told her, and she nodded then walked away.

"Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey Maverick, Hey, wakeup. Wake up!" I continued to poke him and I saw a smile creep onto his face.

"I don't wanna get up" he whined

"You're not going to be able to sleep tonight if you don't get up now, plus, your mom came to get us for dinner"

"Do you know what she made?"

"No, but probably something from the grill"

"I really hope it's steak"

"I know you do, you talk about steak all the time"

"It's so good though"

"Alright, alright, let's go down now, Liam and Mason are probably about to come up here and drag you downstairs because they're so hungry"