May 23, 1977: Meeting The Gang

Millie was in awe when she saw the interior. The smell, it didn't make her happy one bit, but she could handle it.

The man at the counter saw Millie and Cheyenne. "Is there anything I can do for you two?" He asks. "Uh, yes. We would both like to speak to the owner for a hot second. We have important things to discuss," Cheyenne says. "Ah, yes. Mr. Cheese. I'll go backstage to tell him, I'm sure he'll be out in a little bit. It's almost his break time, he's a performer," the man says.

Cheyenne took Millie to the next empty table and they waited about an hour and a half. 

"What do you need, I'm about to get busy again, okay, I'm on a tight schedule, I need to do so much."

Millie looks up and sees a tall, gray rat standing in front of her. He wore a  red vest with a yellow under shirt and a red bowler hat. She could feel her heartbeat a couple times faster than it did before. "I need to speak to you about applying for a job here. I'd love to be a help. Cleaning or onstage-" Millie was interrupted by the rat. "What? Onstage?" He chuckled, "There ain't no way. You can work with Pasqually, our head chef, or you can work with busing tables and cleaning up. Maybe if you have SKILL, you can tamper with machines. Other than that, there's no such thing as 'being onstage' for you. Not no way, not no how," he says as he lights his cigar.

"Well...I hope I can get any job here as a matter of fact," Millie replies.

"Fine, you start now. Here's your badge, you're working with us, backstage. You're only allowed to serve us and that's it. I don't take a liking to newcomers and I absolutely don't make friends," he says. Millie takes the badge and puts it on her dress. The rat walked away, without hesitstion, Millie asks, "Sir? What's your name?"

"Call me Mr. Cheese. Call me Chuck, and it's bye-bye for you."

"Thank you, Mr. Cheese!" She called out. "Yeah, yeah," he mutters. Cheyenne sneered after he walked away. "Come on, Millie, I'll take you home," she says while tugging at her arm. "Nah, I'll stay here. It's only for a little while," Millie tells her.

"I'll be back at eight tonight," Cheyenne replies. It was already three in the afternoon. "Another five hours to go," Millie tells herself quietly.