Chapter 1

Taylor's POV

I walked out of my house and stripped out of my clothes and in one swift movement I shifted into my brown wolf.

The smell of fall filled my nose giving me goosebumps. I sprinted off deeper into the forest leaving my mind wide open.

I slowed myself as I came to the edge of a cliff, I sat down and observed the sky. It was black with millions of stars shinning down.

I once read that the moon and the sun loved each other so much, but could not be together, so the sun died every night so that the moon could live. It's kind of sweet to think about, someone risking there life for another.

Most of my friends have already found there mates, but I'm not really sure if I want one.

You see I'm a very independent person, when I get sad or mad I close myself in my room and read or just listen to music. I don't need no man to take care of me. But I guess I will have to eventually meet him, fate works in mysterious ways.

I am a senior at Oakland High School. I have light brown hair, light blue eyes, and I have freckles all over my nose, under my eyes and forehead. They're not really noticeable though because I have tan fare skin.

As I am running I notice the leaves on the trees turning colors, reminding me that my 18th birthday is coming up. It's the beginning of October, so it's chilly but still warm enough to go outside without a jacket.

I kept running, not caring about the chills from the wind but just enjoying the freedom. I stopped at the end of the woods near a cliff that over look mountains and trees. The colors amazed me, I couldn't help just let my mind run free.

I should probably get home before mom starts to freak. I ran home, I slowed when my house came in to view. I changed back into my clothes, and ran into the house.

"Taylor where have you been?" My mother asked me, while she was making dinner. The smell of mashed potatoes and meat loaf filled my nose.

"Mmmm. Oh sorry I was on a run, is Cameron and Tyler still here?" I questioned.

"Cam went to a party with Leah, and Tyler is upstairs." You see cameron is my older brother he's 21, Tyler is my little brother who is 15.

"Okiee!" I yelled running upstairs and into Tyler's room. I opened the door and found a sleeping body.

"Come on!" I whispered, I wanted him to come play just dance with me! Ughhhhh I guess not, if he was awake he probably wouldn't play anyways. I walked out of his room and went in to mine. I jumped on my bed and decided to call my best friend.

"Hey J!" I told Juliana as she answered.

"Hey Tay! What are you up too?"

"Nothing really. Ty's asleep and Cam is out with Leah. So I don't have anything to do." If you haven't guessed Leah is Cams mate.

"Ohh I gotcha. Wanna hangout? We can go shopping if you want."

"Sure, pick me up in 10?"

"Yeah, see ya whore."

"Bye slut" I ended the call while giggling at our stupid nicknames. I quickly got dressed into appropriate clothes, changing out of my sports bra and shorts.

I opened my closet and grabbed out my blue under armor hoodie, jeans and black bear paw boots. I left my hair in a pony tail and put on mascara.

As I finished I heard a honk from outside. I ran down the steps and to the door.

"Mom I'm going shopping with J. I'll be back later. Love ya!" I yelled shutting the door behind me, after I heard an okay from her of course.

"Hey whore!" I told her as I sat in the passenger seat.

"Hey slut." She replied pulling out of my drive way.

"So Dennis is okay with JUST us going shopping?" I asked her. Dennis is her mate, he's very over protective.

"Well he's going to have to be. I don't have to listen to what he tells me." I laughed

"He's the alpha Jules. He's got reasons to be protective and worried."

"Pshh your funny. It just gets annoying when he tells me what to do though. But I love him anyways. He's also amazing in be---"

"Ahh my virgin ears!" I yelled dramatically while covering up my ears.

"Stop being overly dramatic, you are going to feel the same way when you meet your mate." She said while turning on the radio. I Want came on by One Direction.

"Omg I haven't heard this song is forever." Juliana yelled turning it up.

"I want, I want, I want, but that's crazy. I want, I want, I want, but that's not me. I want, i want, I want --------" we sang/yelled the whole song. We finally arrived at the mall and walked in.

"Okay so I have to get a dress for this banquet this weekend. All the alphas are coming to the pack house for dinner. Dennis is showing me off I guess." She said while laughing.

"I'm so glad I'm not a Luna. I'd be afraid to have that much responsibility."

"It's not that bad. The moon-goddess puts you with your other haft. She wanted me to be a Luna for some reason."

"Your good at it though, it's almost like you become a different person when your in front of the pack."

"I guess." We ended up in some store with a lot of dresses. We split up and looked. After about an hour of searching and trying on random dresses, I spotted one. It was hidden behind a really ugly blue dress. I quickly handed it to her and rushed her into the fitting room.

She walked out and I gasped. She looked gorgeous. The dark red dress hugged her curves, it's was mermaid style and went to the floor. I grabbed a cute purse that matched the gold belt around her waste.

The dress looked fantastic on her. The dress complemented her dark brown hair, natural tan completion; from her Italian side, and her brown eyes.

"You have to get that dress!" I said while squealing.

"Okay! Do you think Dennis will like it?" I laughed.

"Like it? He will love it!"

----------------------

After buying the dress and a lot of other clothes we decided to go home.

"Bye J!"

"Bye Tay!" I went inside and grabbed a cup and filled it with crushed ice. I walked into the living room to find my mom sleeping on the couch. I looked at the time, it was 12:57. She must have tried waiting up for me. I shut off the tv, covered her up with a blanket, and kissed her forehead.

"Love you mom." I whispered while heading up stairs.

If your wondering where my dad is, he's at work. His job has him traveling everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE, he's sometimes goes out of the country.

I slightly opened Cams door to find two sleeping figures, and did the same for Ty. I went into my room and laid on my bed.

What will my mate look like? What if he orders me around like Dennis does with J? Will he reject me? What if I never find him? So many questions raced around in my head. Leaving me thinking as I fall asleep, Will he really be mine?