ACT I: SCENE IV.

↳ ACT I, SCENE IV | daemonium___

ACT I, SCENE IV | daemonium
___

A rambunctious chaos she couldn't come to terms with.

It was no surprise that Shinazugawa would go through far lengths to prove his point. He slashed his already scarred arms and allowed the crimson liquid to drip all over the tatami floors. He enticed the demon girl by bringing it forward to her, a menacing grin invading his expression. Shin could hear the screams of Tanjirou who was pinned down as he called out for her sister frenziedly. His face was darkening by a shade and veins were sprouting from his neck and face, definite from the pressure that was placed down on him along with his struggle to be released.

Shin might not have been the most brilliant and considerate person, but she had a grasp of ideas. Any logical person could discern an idiot at a glance— that idiot was Tanjirou in this scenario. To be trying to defy a Pillar who was more skilled and powerful was closely holding your life on the line. There would have barely been a problem if he didn't struggle but he tried to wiggle himself out of the situation despite the fact that he's a cinch close to passing out. The milky haired girl's eyes narrowed at him in a way that told her opinion on this matter.

Out of the blue, Giyuu grabbed Iguro by the arm, the pinned boy breaking loose from him almost immediately. He ran up to the engawa, screaming for his sister's name when the revelation came to unfold— Nezuko turned the other way. Despite the temptation strongly coaxing her to take a bite out of the man, she didn't. She huffed, resembling a child who was having a tantrum.

"What happened?" Oyakata-sama queried with his tone laced with curiosity.

One of the twins chimed. "The Demon girl turned the other way. Even though Shinazugawa-sama had cut himself three times and thrusted himself in front of her, she held herself back. She didn't bite him."

The man hummed before a small smile graced his lips. One could even perceive he might have been subtly content that his words remained true. "And that's the proof that Nezuko will not attack humans right there."

SILENCE.

Silence enshrouded the four individuals— Shin, two Kakushi's and Tanjirou himself. What filled in the void amongst them was the sound of their treads across the gravelled ground towards the Butterfly Estate. The burgundy haired boy would constantly glance at the girl, pursing his lips once in a while as if he was having an inner battle inside him whether to say something now or to wait— but then again, if he didn't express his gratitude, what kind of person would he be?

"U-Um..!" He started, catching their attention. Tanjirou's gaze had strength behind it all the while it swirled with gratefulness. "I just wanted to thank you for saving my sister earlier. It really means a lot to me!"

Her piercing black orbs bore into his maroon shaded ones as if her eyes held some answer for him. Shin didn't utter a single word and merely stood there like she was looking into the deep abyss. The Kakushi's were on the edge as they watched the exchange with the intent to reprimand the burgundy haired boy immediately. It was only after a few seconds did Tanjirou start to feel a little bit awkward that his eyes averted for a second.

"Is there something wrong..?"

She didn't respond but instead, turned away from them and continued to walk. The Kakushi's gave him a frenzied glare as if to keep his mouth shut, nudging him here and there. No Kakushi ever dared to strike up a casual conversation with the young girl out of fear— Shin never smiled nor talked too long unless necessary, which made her unapproachable to a lot of people.

"You idiot! Don't go around talking to Shin-sama like that!" One of the Kakushi's frantically reprimanded once they were far enough from the girl. "You're going to get us in trouble!"

"But I was just thanking her!" Tanjirou defended.

"We don't care! She's probably in a sour mood cause' you were misbehaving during the trial!" The other cried out. "Read the situation, for crying out loud!" Their squabbles turned into whispers before it died down, hitting the contemplating kid on the head numerous times before they were satisfied.

Once they were at the estate, proceeding into the genkan where they all stood. They called out for anyone but received nothing in return.

"Nobody's coming, after all..." One of the Kakushi's trailed off. "What should we do, Shin-sama?"

"Keep moving." She stated, diverting them outside to go through the garden instead. There, in the midst of the garden's beauty was none other than Kochou's successor, Tsuyuri. The girl blended in well with the environment as she tended to the butterflies, a tender smile gracing her lips.

"Oh, there's someone here," One of the Kakushi's commented.

"You're supposed to call her Tsuguko," The other corrected, earning the attention of the burgundy haired boy. He leaned forward, head tilted as he questioned him.

"What's a Tsukugo..." His words trailed off, soon realizing who he was looking it. Well, if it wasn't the girl he saw back then during the final selection round!

"Shin-dono," The girl approached them, expression as similar as it could be to Kochou's. "How can I help you?"

The milky haired girl simply stepped aside, allowing the image of Tanjirou being carried by a Kakushi and the other carrying a wooden case behind him process into the successor's mind. When the men tried to ask a few questions, she wouldn't say a single word aside from just giving them a smile that expressed nothing that could answer their questions. Frantic, the men didn't know what to say until another person has popped up from behind.

"Who are you?!"

Her voice blasted into their eardrums. It was another Demon Slayer who worked under the Butterfly Estate's guidance, Aoi. Unlike the rest of the girls who resided in the estate, she was a little less cheery and carried a serious demeanour. Her brows were always knitted to a crease as her eyes skimmed over to the visitors until it landed on Shin herself. Once her brain registered, the girl let out a small gasp as she nearly dropped the wooden basket in hand.

"Shin-sama!"

But before anything else could be said, Shin jerked her thumb towards the men behind her, as if she just wanted the attention focused towards them. It didn't take long before she got tired of standing and simply walked off, earning a confused look from Tanjirou.

"Where is she going?"

"None of your concern, doofus!" The Kakushi chided.

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
holy smokes, 1K reads? AHSJDFLL— i love yALL!