ACT I: SCENE V.

↳ ACT I, SCENE V | daemonium___

ACT I, SCENE V | daemonium
___

"THANK YOU!"

With every second he manages to attain, any chance his eyes lands on her figure and at any moment her presence is whiffed out by Tanjirou, Shin loses her cool each and every single day whenever he rushes up to her, eyes passionate as he thanked her from the bottom of his heart. And whenever she would not respond, he would do the same act again and again— until a reaction finally came out from the milky haired girl. There was a sharp glare that showed all the negative emotions pouring out, exasperation from the pestering she received that no one had ever done to her before.

"You're stubborn," Her words came out like thin needles, not necessarily piercingly sharp but just enough that it would prickle a person's feelings. "I got it the first time. Go rest already."

If it was any other person, they would have immediately fled the vicinity but this was Tanjirou, the boy who was the epitome of mere stubbornness. Instead of going away like how Shin thought he would be, he stood there firmly in the middle of the hallway, a smile still perched on his lips like nothing she said ever sounded offensive. It would have been a lie if she said she wasn't appalled by his actions. It was an odd feeling to have the hair on her arms and nape stand like the reactions of people when they get chills from reading something terrifying.

"You finally said something," There was a sheepish grin as he scratched the nape of his neck. "Though, it's not what I hoped for. I know I've said this a whole lots but I just want to thank you again for saving my sister. I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for you being there." His eyes grew gentle by the second as if he were looking at something worthy of being soft for.

What was there to thank for? What she did was not to save the sister but to put Shinazugawa back in his place. And in addition, a demon would only regenerate when pierced even with the Nichirin Swords. Shin wanted to say something but kept it in, knowing that she was not the type of person who would easily allow her thoughts to run free like that. She was merely getting agitated— which never happened before— and now her emotions were getting the best of her.

What was with this boy, anyway?

"... You're welcome."

There, she said it.

It was more or less half-hearted but it must be said.

There was a surge of surprise on the face of the burgundy haired male, mouth agape before a grin took over his features. Such a worry-free expression that it made it seem like he was living in a world without demons. Shin didn't want to prolong this moment with him as her nerves were unstable. She immediately walked off into another direction, hoping that her clinical visits to the Butterfly Estate would not consist of meeting Tanjirou constantly.

SHE MET HIM CONSTANTLY.

And in addition to this, his injured friends who were in recovery were in no doubt as odd as Tanjirou himself. The blonde male named Zenitsu cried out like his life was at stake, complaining about the littlest things like they were that big of a deal. The estate servants were exasperated dealing with him and Shin would not blame them for being so. Another one of them was a guy in a boar's mask who simply just laid down without a word uttered, like he was dumped by someone. From what she heard, his throat got crushed during the fight at Natagumo. Well, at least one of them mellowed out.

She passed by the open doors of where the trio recovered in and in an instant, Tanjirou perked up with a smile as he waved slightly. Shin didn't say much but instead of ignoring him like she did before, she spared him a nod of acknowledgement, a servant following behind her. It was always once or twice a week that she did come to the estate which would always earn a curious look from the burgundy haired male. He didn't know the reason for her visits but it didn't seem like it was for anything demon-related affairs.

He deduced that much once he saw her walk by each day with a candle in hand that were different in colours each time she visited and left.

Not managing to curb his curiosity, Tanjirou asked one of the estate's servants, Kiyo, who was tending on the sheets of the empty beds. She looked up from what she was doing, lips unconsciously pouting from her thinking.

"Shin-sama?" She hummed. "I don't really know for sure but I'm sure she goes to Kochou-sama for therapy sessions. Hey, Sumi, do you know why?" She goes and asks another young servant who was busy in her own work.

"I don't think we're supposed to speak about it," The latter whispered in discomfort, worried that someone might hear. She could only thank that Zenitsu fell asleep after the medicine took over his nerves and Inosuke was just depressed, otherwise she could guarantee that Shin would not be pleased. "But I heard that she has troubles falling asleep."

Troubles falling asleep? Tanjirou's brows furrowed at the thought. The last person he would ever think that would look like they could not sleep well at any given place would be Shin.

"What do you mean?" He pried further.

"I don't know the story behind it," Sumi looked apologetic. "I just know that she comes for sessions in hopes that she would sleep well. So far, it hasn't been cured even with the help of Kochou-sama's brilliance. Oh! But please, do not mention it that we've said anything. We're going to be in deep trouble if you do!"

In an instant, the two girls gathered their items and dashed off outside, leaving Tanjirou to ponder over his own thoughts.

AUTHOR'S NOTE;
guise sorry for the delay and
this chapter is extra crappy too
but finals are next week and im
freaking out tbh iM SO SORRY