Chapter 7: V/n v.s. Mysterion

V/n was a supervillain, and being a supervillain meant always having a backup plan. That's why when she couldn't think of one for if she crossed paths with the vigilante, she got a little tense. At that moment, she was going over different scenarios and situations in her head."I'll just... punch him?"  She considered this idea as she ran through the quiet streets of downtown South Park."Yeah, I'll just do that." 

V/n dismissed her scattered thoughts as she approached the scrappy looking ATM she was planning to hack. She crouched beside the machine and pried off a small metal side panel. She cut, reconnected and fiddled with the wires inside, and the ATM then began to shaking violently. Its screen rapidly flashed between bright, frenzied colors before short-circuiting. V/n inhaled sharply. She hadn't touched an ATM in a while, so she was hoping she hadn't made a mistake. 

Smoke began to pill out of the circuit box of the machine, and after a few tense moments of silence, green dollar bills began shooting out of the money slot. She beamed happily and rushed to catch all of the falling money in a backpack she had brought with her.

She eagerly stuffed the cash into her backpack, but all of a sudden, the ATM stopped spitting out money. V/n looked down at the cash she did collect, sighing a breath of relief when she saw that the sack was filled to the brim with the bills. She jovially zipped it up and swung it onto her back. V/n was ecstatic. All this money was sure to be helpful, especially since she and Cassandra were almost out of food. She stood up and began to walk down the street. 

"Okay, so now that I have the money, all I have to worry about is that mystery-vigilante guy. So, First, I'd punch him, then, I'd..." 

V/n was so busy reviewing her plan that she didn't notice that she was being watched by someone from on top of a building.

The figure squinted his eyes at the h/c haired girl. She was beautiful, but he had literally just watched her hack an ATM. He regarded her carefully. She seemed to be mumbling, her e/c eyes cautiously glancing at each passing object. Her f/c costume was odd for that of a common thief, but then again, it wasn't every night he encountered a hacker. His frown deepened. Something told him that he would enjoy bringing this criminal to justice.

"Hey!" he shouted.

V/n halted. She slowly turned her head upward to where she heard that deep voice she had anticipated. The vigilante was on the roof of a nearby building, his cape billowing in the cool night breeze. His blue eyes were sizing V/n's up again, but they were not at all curious like how they had been when she first encountered them. They were colder this time. 

He flipped off the building, landing in front of her in a crouching position. He silently stood up, looking down at V/n intimidatingly. 

"You have something that doesn't belong to you."

Despite all of her instincts screaming at her to run, V/n stood firmly in place. She forced her eyes to meet his, and they stared at each other for a moment before she responded. "And if I did?" He gritted his teeth. "Then I would have to kick your ass." 

V/n unexpectedly broke into a smirk. "Oh no, I'm so scared." She rose her fists up, preparing for combat. "Let's see if you're as good at fighting as you are at stalking people from rooves." 

The hero swung his fist at her, knocking her square in the jaw. She recovered from the blow quickly, ignoring the sting she felt there. V/n ducked down and swung her leg out, sweeping his feet and causing him to fall to the concrete floor. Before he could get up, she stamped her boot onto his back, causing him to cry out in pain. V/n rubbed her jaw, then smirked down at the squirming boy. "You know, you're not bad at punching people. What did you say your name was?"

The vigilante's hand suddenly grabbed at her ankle, pushing it off of him. V/n stumbled at the sudden gesture, then felt the wind get knocked out of her throat as she was thrust against the wall. He edged his elbow over her neck, making it difficult for her to breathe. His blue eyes burned into her e/c ones intensely. 

"I am Mysterion, the hero this town needs." 

V/n smirked. "Well, Mysterion," Mysterion was swiftly kneed in his crotch, making him recoil in pain. V/n pushed him against the wall, edging her elbow over the same spot he had his on her neck. She cunningly grinned at him. 

"I'm V/n, the villain this town never asked for."

Mysterion growled angrily and shoved V/n away, kicking her stomach as he did. V/n scowled and lunged at him with her f/w, slashing at his cheek. 

The two fought like this for a long period of time, punching, kicking and scratching until they both slowly deteriorated into exhaustion. They stood on opposite sides, gasping for breath and eyeing each other coldly. 

"Ugh, this guy is better at fighting than I'd hoped," V/n thought bitterly as she glanced down at all of the cuts and bruises on her legs and arms. She looked up at Mysterion, who was surveying his own wounds. "Maybe I could call for a truce."  She glanced at the hero uncertainly and heaved a sigh. It was her only chance.  

"H-hey." Blue eyes snapped up at V/n and stared at her venomously. Oh, If only looks could kill, then she would be dead by now. "I think this has gone on for long enough. Truce?" She stared at him hopefully.

"What?" He hissed. "You're a villain. I can't just truce with the bad guy." 

V/n exhaled through her teeth. Fucking heroes, with their fucking egos. "Listen Mysterion, I don't like playing nice with my enemies either, But I don't feel like fighting to the death with you. I don't even know you that well," She teased. He didn't look amused. V/n coughed awkwardly.  

"Alright fine. You don't trust me, understandably. Just take this." V/n unzipped a side pocket of her backpack and tossed Mysterion a box of band-aids. He picked them up and glanced at the robber suspiciously. "Why would you give me these?" He asked, confused. V/n shrugged her shoulders. "You look like you need 'em more than I do." 

He glanced back down at the box thoughtfully for a few moments. 

"Hey, I-"  

He lifted his head to speak, but he was alone. V/n had disappeared. 

"And with that money too," He growled in a low voice. 

Mysterion shoved the band-aid box into his pocket. He had to admit; this 'V/n' girl was intriguing, but she was still a villain. A seemingly dangerous one at that. He looked out to the quiet streets of South Park, the town he had sworn to protect. "For the sake of the town, I will bring her to justice." He looked thoughtfully down at his hands. 

"Maybe its time to get the Freedom Pals back together..."

[TO BE CONTINUED]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow i'm great at fight scenes right guys (i honestly don't know please tell me)

if you liked the chapter

be sure to vote

(and please leave comments social interaction is important to me)

ok i'll see you guys later

byE