Simple Gestures [Part One]

Hello my friends!

It's been a while since I've posted. I'm sorry...but here I am now!

This is the first part of a two-shot. This part is from Mariska's side, reflecting on the simplest gestures from her husband. A look, a touch, a kiss, and a simple 'I love you'. Just pure fluffiness!

So enjoy xoxo

*****

Simple Gestures [Part One]

A look in his eyes.

The simplest, sweetest gesture. It sets her soul on fire when he looks into her eyes. That first look in the morning sets her up for the day, the small tender moment shared in the pre-dawn hours between her and the love of her life. When she stares into those sparkling green eyes first thing in the morning, she can never help but smile. She feels safe and calm. She sees love, she sees longing, she sees happiness and a sparkle - all of which is only present with her. They just look at each other for a little bit, before she finally kisses his cheek then drags herself out of bed. Those beautiful eyes get her through the roughest days, stabilizing the trembling grounds surrounding her as she runs throughout the city of New York for work.

A look in his eyes fills her with a warmth that's never been felt before. The pools of green filter through her; swelling her heart with love, connecting and silently communicating with her, giving her strength when even she doesn't realize she needs it.

A touch of his hand.

His hands - they've closed around her hands, they've held her face during the sweetest kisses or while thumbs have wiped her tears, they've held onto her waist and hips and thighs. A touch - another small gesture that sets her soul on fire. Her heart beats like crazy when he touches her, yet the touch calms her fears and anxieties. The touch thrills her. The touch - even when small - reminds her that even seventeen years later, he still loves her more and more every single day. His fingertips ghost over her face at the times he tucks some hair behind her ear, his fingertips brush up and down her spine during the sweetest cuddles or after the night's of inexplicable passion. That simple touch - it's everything to her.

And then there's his kiss.

Every single day. Every single morning before she leaves their marital bed, she gets a kiss from him...his beautiful, magical, soul stirring kiss. His lips are so soft and warm and inviting; she never wants to stop kissing them. His kiss makes her heart beat faster and sends her into a brief state of delirium. She feels all the love from just his kiss - seventeen years of just love and longing and respect; all in his beautiful, magical kiss.

And then...'I love you'

'We never go a day without saying I love you...' was what she told all their friends, and it was true. No matter what was going on around them - whether they had been fighting or even if they hadn't seen each other all day - they never went without saying 'I love you'. Three words, eight letters, one meaning; a reminder that despite what was going on around them, together they stood united by love, which was how they would always be.

She sighs and lays down on her side while hugging one of his pillows. He's working later than her tonight and she's too tired to wait up. She wants to try, but she's exhausted.

She grabs her phone and scrolls to his name; 'Peter💍❤️'

She types out a simple text; 'I love you, babe'.

She knows he won't reply right now because he's filming, so she puts her phone aside. She just needed to tell him before she fell asleep, and it isn't long before she does just that while holding his pillow close to her.

Seventeen years later - touches, kisses, looks, and an 'I love you'.

The little things.

The images dance through her head and invade her dreams, making her smile softly in her sleep. The simplest gestures that make her heart sing and remind her that despite the years, her husband still loves her with all his heart.
.
.
.
.
What did you guys think? Leave some feedback guys, it would be greatly appreciated!!

I'll post the second part soon guys! But until next time!

I love you xoxo