Sweet and rotten apples

Cady Lawson walked down the street looking at all the people. She had a box of chocolate chip cookies in her hands. She was on her way to visit her grandmother. She snuck one from the little cardboard box, her hand searched until she grabbed a cookie from the left side of the box. As she got onto the block she lived on she looked up at the creepy mansion she always had to walk past. The girl who lived there was sitting out front on the grass. Her half pink hair and half black and pastel purple dress contrasted the old feel of the mansion. As she walked past she looked up.

"Hi cady"

"Hello Melanie"

"How art thou?" cady thought she had just been sitting there but as she got closer she saw a shakespear book in her lap.

"I am fine and you?"

"Oh the usual. Did you hear about the murder?" In fact she had. Her grandmother had called her and told her all the details as it was happening. The police, the blood, Melanie, the body. Poor ms higgens she thought.

"Uhm I didnt hear to much about it."

"Oh well I suppose not." she shrugged and looked back down at her book. She looked up suddenly. "Well see that doesnt make sense because I heard your grandmother telling you about it. And i was just visiting her earlier having some tea and cookies and she said that she told you all about it."

"Well you know my grandmother, a tad loopy."

"No sh-"

"Well I have to get her house so Ill catch you later Mel" she briskly walked away from the creepy house and its creepy girl. She walked up the trail to her grandmothers door. As she let herself in she say her grandmother resting on the couch. "Mis Abuela, im here" her grandmother shook herself awake.

"Ah mija! How are you?"

"Estas bueno gracieas" cady sat down next to her grandmother and gave her the cookies. "How are you?"

"Oh you know dear just lonely. I wish you would come see me more. Its extremely lonesome."

"I know im just busy. But I hear that girl Melanie comes to visit you."

"Oh yes what a sweet dear. She bakes cookies for me and we talk for a while. She was just here. I think i ought to save your cookies for la-"

"No! Try one now!" her grandmother looked up startled "I mean its a new recipe and i want you to taste it"

"Oh i suppose one wont hurt" she grabbed one and ate it. 

"Well sorry to rush but I have to get home. Im going to a party with xander and I have to get ready."

"You go everywhere with that brother of yours."

"well we cant have him in trouble." Cady said as she got up. "You know hes friends with Melanie?"

"They would make a cute couple. That darling is so sweet." Cady eyed her grandmother and walked out the door"

--------

As cady walked into her house the smell of Mole filled the air. "Xander! Im here are you ready?"

"Yeah im coming." He walked into the room still shirtless. A baby blue t held in his hand. He pulled over his shirt and grabbed his keys. "Lets go"

"So where is this awesome party at?"

"Uhm at a friends house."

"Whos?"

"Uhhhh"

"Xander, i will tell mom and dad your going to a fuck fest"

he sighed and looked at his sister. Her pale blue eyes were wide and lined with soft blonde eyelashes. Her blonde hair in ringlets framed her face. "Melanie Martinez."