taegguk; COME BACK HOME

don't forget to vote and comment, cowards 🧚‍♀️

THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER CONTAINS:

× SMUT

× FLUFF

× ALCOHOL

× EARLY 1900'S, WORLD WAR I.
_________________________________________

taehyung stepped out of his car, that he with the help of his mother had bought just a few weeks ago. he lit a cigarette between his fingers, the male inhale and then exhale the nicotine from his lips.

so many years had passed since the last time he visited france-since he visited his home, but now finally he was here- but he was terrified, every muscle in his body was tense and every bone felt heavy.
he didn't know what to expect.
taehyung had been terrified of returning.

he put the cigarette between his lips and then closed the door (almost slammed it, god, his nerves made him strong like the superheroes he always heard stories about as a child. ) and walked off, scanning the neighborhood and the height of the different colored houses being perfectly lined up on each side of the avenue.

taehyung searched for a specific number, and when his almond eyes fell on a sign with a cursive

/twenty six/

his heartbeat was uneven, it was raging, almost feeling like it's about to jump out of his chest. ( maybe it will do so one day, the nicotine wasn't good for his heart neither )

the heels of his shoes leave a clicking sound as he walk up the stairs and when he's at the front of the dark oak door he drop the lit cigarette, suffocating it with the tip of his shoes the way his lungs felt like they were suffocating.

the blonde took a deep breathe, correcting his suit and tie- pushing his hair back that was already held up by a white bandage- before knocking on the seemingly heavy door.
there's a silence for a moment, the feeling in taehyung's chest getting heavier for each second that continue passing.

he's just about to turn around and walk off, when the door creak and a pair of eyes ( with  tears in them that looks like crystals, if not the prettiest of diamonds ) look at him, cherry lips parted and glossy.
it's quiet, and taehyung feel the lump in his throat as he tries to speak, slowly lifting his arm up.

without hesitation the boy starts to cry, running into the man's embrace and kiss his lips. ( taehyung could taste liquor from his lovers lips, a strong taste that was nothing but bitter and it didn't suit his darling at all. )

jeongguk pull away from the kiss, his face red from his drunken state and the heat of their kiss.
the eyes describes as almond scan the man in front of him, and suddenly his breath is caught, his eyes resting on the blonde's left shoulder.
jeongguk slowly bring his hands up to his mouth, tears once again running down his cheeks in chock.
the brunette glance up at taehyung , a sad smile visible on his lips as he hold his arm out for the petite one. jeongguk felt a flood of emotion inside him, but most of all, he felt pain ( it was like thunderstorms and staggers )

but taehyung pull the baby close, kissing his pain and worries away, his hand calmly caressing jeongguk's back.

he hadn't heard from taehyung in three years ( the couple had tried to flee the country, but jeongguk was the only one able to escape the war that broke out in the still early years, due to him falling ill )

jeongguk wrapped a pair of weak arms around his partner's neck, crying into his neck. and taehyung knew without even taking a close look that the brunette was almost half the weight compared to what's healthy.