cigar no. 19

"we were like parallel lines

"we were like parallel lines."

|

"Chul, where did I go wrong?"

the tv is on, both males sitting on opposite sides of the couch. one is curled into the armrest his eyes tired beyond end while the other sits upright pretending to care about what's on the screen.

it's sickening really. the way they sit in a place that no longer feels like home. a place that holds many memories both old and new. the fact that they're always close but never together hurt more than any physical pain.

well, it only hurt for one person.

and for the other, it could be described as something much greater than that. it didn't hurt. no, not anymore.
instead it felt akin to a submerging yourself into a tub full of cold water, all of your limbs going numb from the temperature. 

holding your breath while hoping that when you finally come back up it'll all go away. the fear,  the pain, the memories all of it. just wish it'd all disappear.

yet that was merely a dream that grew farther and farther away as the days loomed above jimin's head. 

a dream that'd been nothing but a nightmare. a delusion if you will.

the taller shifts on the couch, stretching his arms a bit causing jimin to flinch.

"plenty of places Min."

plenty of times too.

|

"Jimin?"

taehyung looks at the smaller who's been looking out of the window since they got on the interstate. the event hall was in Gangnam meaning they'd been on the road for a while. though it didn't explain why jimin was so quiet despite all the talking he'd done earlier.

"hm?"

jimin turns to look at taehyung his eyes shining underneath the passing city lights. he can tell the other is worried about him. it's both endearing and terrifying for jimin cause he doesn't want to make the night about him.

This is about Taehyung and I'm his support. 

though even as the thought crosses his mind he can't help but be burdened by guilt. it weighs heavily on his heart and desperate to leave the tip of his tongue.
he won't let it though. won't allow himself to be vulnerable again.

taehyung may have the power to take him apart delicately but that was only when they were in bed.

there was no way of knowing how he'd react if he knew jimin's past. see, jimin didn't want the pity, couldn't handle the questions, and most of all the reminiscing that came with it.