Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~
Not Edited

Placing the last shape in my portions, I zip them up and put them in the cupboard. Don't just throw them in the pantry, but them away properly. Quickly I open the cupboard, angry at myself rearranging them properly. Shaking my head I try and pull myself out of it.

Today is a big day.

I have my first ever real job interview.
Looking down at my fluffy pink socks and my Sofia the first pjs. No Grace, it's time to be a big girl.

Quickly I back my lunch box with grapes in a zip lock bag, a Nutella sandwich and a bag of shakes. I don't like the prepacked ones and plus I like to make sure each bag has the exact amount in each one. Closing my lunch box I grab my pink bottle with a straw and add a dash of cordial to the water. Why not a little bit more. What is this? You aren't 6 any more Grace. Shaking my head, I rid my head of her voice and grab Jerry.

Biting my lip nervously, pour some fruit loops into my worn out favourite pink Princess and the Pauper bowl.

I wish I was a princess, with pretty pink dresses and endless toys. Quickly I open the chocolate milk and pour it in.

Oh no! "Silly Gracy, why don't you tell me Jerry." I scold myself and the Fluffy under my arm- slipping into my little voice. I quickly recap it and shake it before filling the bowl so all the yummy colours are covered.

Quickly I grab a plain plastic spoon as start to eat. Happy and content before I noticed it. Floating in the milk. A blue fruit loop. I don't like Blue fruit loops, they are yucky.

Rinsing my mouth out quickly I discard the now soggy slosh down the sink.

It's hard living by myself- I tried to have a room mate but they didn't understand. I only wanted to move here so I could find people to understand and accept me. Mother and father told me to grow up and stop being silly. But now I get to have my own play room a whole room for toys and playtime.

Princesses is my favourite, I like Rapunzel.

In my room I stop at my draws and look at my undies. Big girl undies or little undies? Biting my lip I scrunch my face as I think about my day as a grown up. Quickly grabbing my little undies I grab a sports bra and run to the shower.

I hate shower time. But it's something that I have to do. Plus I get to draw picture on the glass- that's always fun.

In the shower I quickly grab my peaches liquid soap and wash myself. I like peaches. Before washing myself off under the warm water trying to flood the shower as I stand on the drain. Seeing the soapy water starting to cover my feet. I hear my phone chiming forcing me to turn off the water.

Grabbing my black pants from when I was at school, I grab a white button up blouse that I had from church and a blazer that I got from a second hand shop originally to add to my dress up box.

Contemplating before caving I slip a pair of pale pink ballet flats on before grabbing my phone and wallet. Looking at myself I quickly comb my hair and make my fringe neat.

Quickly I jump on my bed and give my babies a cuddle. "I will miss you guys, Dolly you have to look after them until I get home" I order her before making sure they are perfect on my bed.

Running outside I do a double take at the door and go over in my head the mental check list. Grabbing my house key from my wallet I lock the door to my apartment as check it 3 times that it is locked.

Walking down the stairs, I stop.

Did I lock the door?

Running up the stairs, I check however unlock and lock it again for good measure. Twisting the handle 3 times before continuing to the bus stop.

I don't like roads, I get so nervous around them. I check they are clear and then go to walk. And then get all freaked out that a car is now coming because I didn't check.

I feel my heart start to beat faster as I just want to crawl back into my apartment where I am safe.

A beep pulls me out of my thoughts and I hold my breathe as I step on taking in the giant man in front of me. Looking at the ground I Take 3 breathes, before getting the courage to speak to this intimidating man.

"Central Square, please."

Quickly taking a seat near the front I grab my phone and open make up girl. It's a app that you get to use make up and make girls look different. I like playing with one girl in particular- she is my favourite. I also like minecraft- however I don't have friends to share and explore worlds with.

Noticing we are coming to the stop. I press the stop buzzer 3 times just to make sure it was sent up to the driver.

"Thank you, have a good day," I mumble stepping off the step into the crowded street. My palms instantly sweating.

"It's okay Grace," I promise before grabbing the handle on the glass door. It says push, but I pull it first just to make sure it isn't a pull. It could have possibly had the wrong word plastered on it upon installation.

Stepping in, I notice the other women eye me like a piece of meat. This is school all over again. Clenching the little barbie brush in my pant pocket, I step towards the plump lady behind the reception desk. Taking in her appearance, you can see the stress lines under her eyes and the greying of her roots that she obviously tries so hard to cover up.

"Welcome to Peter and Associates, how can I help?" She beamed with a high grin, sporting a lovely red lipstick stain on her top two teeth.

"Hi, I am Gracelyn Jackson. I am here for a job interview."

~AN~
I have so many ideas but I really wanted post this. I have a few ideas and I want to really open up her learning and finding herself.
Insta- Custestlittledoll is my idea of what Grace would look like. (She is gorgeous and so cute. Check her out)
Hope you guys like it.