2

(A/N) I've decided to post chapters in pairs since they alternate between your POV and Yuri's. This way you get the whole story.

~~~

Yakov speaks in italics.
Your speech is in bold.
Everyone else will be implied or directly mentioned.

Yuri’s POV

    I walked down the stairs and left Lilia’s place to meet Mila and Yakov at a cafe nearby. When I got there, Yakov told us we would be meeting someone important when we were all back at Lilia’s estate. I was extremely confused seeing as, as far as I know, it’s just Lilia and the occasional few skaters there. Nonetheless, Mila and I agreed. Yakov left, leaving Mila and I; I hung back with Mila for a bit before I decided to leave as well. Mila asked me to stay, but I left anyway.

    Getting back to the room I stayed in last year and would be staying in again this year, I found a note on the door. ‘Head to the main studio. -Coach’ Letting out a sigh, I change into the appropriate apparel and drudge downstairs. When I enter, I see a girl who looks to be about my age doing warm ups near the bar. I wonder to myself ‘What’s she doing here?’ She spots me standing next to Yakov and walks over. Lilia mutters something about her posture, causing me to look at her. I did notice her abnormally impeccable posture and a light blush, but I wanted to avoid staring so I turned my head to the side. Lilia decided to speak up.

“(Y/N), meet Yuri Plisetsky, and, of course, you know Yakov.”

“Hello. It’s good to see you again, Yakov.”

My coach nods and looks to me. He pushes me forward a bit. “Say something, don’t be rude.”

I scoff and see her roll her eyes lightly. I look at her finally. “(Y/N), right? So you’ll be training with me this season?”

“No, actually, I’ll be the one who trains you, not training with you.”

I look at her, not believing the words she had just spoken. Looking to Lilia for confirmation, she nods once and stares back at me intently.

“Now if you’ll excuse me,” she starts, “I should be practicing.”

Once situated, she starts the song, which I recognize as “Trapdoor” by Twenty Øne Pilots. The way she moves, I can tell she feels a connection with this song, but it runs so deep that I can’t identify what type of connection. She moves with grace, agility, focus, emotion, but also an air of uncertainty. After she’s finished, I can practically smell the approval coming from Lilia. The fact that she could impress her so easily was annoying. I look back to her, no one daring say anything. She seemed to be on the brink of tears, yet I couldn’t tell why. She says a quick ‘excuse me’ and runs off somewhere.

When she returns, she doesn’t seem much better to me. Apparently, Lilia agrees because she has a look of understanding as if she knows what (Y/N) was thinking. Still not uttering a single word, Lilia gives her her water bottle then reminds her to focus on her breathing. I have no idea why.

After a short while, Mila finally makes her way into the room. “Thanks for leaving me behind.” I nearly let a laugh slip out but manage to control myself as she glares at Yakov.

“I apologize on their behalves. I’m (Y/N), and you are?” (Y/N) holds out her hand to Mila. She smiles and takes her hand, “Mila, Mila Babicheva. It’s nice to meet someone young and polite for a change. And if you don’t mind me asking, what is your last name?” “Giacometti, why?” She simply shakes her head in reply.  I stand there trying to remember why that name is familiar, and apparently Mila is doing the same.

Suddenly remembering it I shout, “THAT CHRIS GUY WHO WAS POLE DANCING WITH THE LITTLE PIGGY AT THE BANQUET TWO YEARS AGO?!” She nods. “He’s my older brother.” Mila and I look at her unbelievingly. “The guy who looks like he’s sexually attracted to the sport itself?” Mila asks. (Y/N) cringes and nods. “I don’t see why you had to put it that way but yeah. And he’s a good guy he just...gets a little strange when it comes to skating or a party.”

    Mila nods, and I look at her utterly bewildered seeing as they look nothing alike, to me anyway.

”So are we going to continue talking about my brother or can I start breaking Yuri?”

‘Breaking?! She’s spent WAY too long with Lilia.’

“She means training.” Lilia clarifies as they share a look.

‘She and Lilia seem to get along well enough. I guess.’

    Lilia signals (Y/N), and I watch her movements intently as she comes over to me. I blush when she takes my hand in her and takes me to a studio two floors higher.