5

Your speech will be in bold.
Everyone else's will be indicated or implied.

Your POV

A bell rings through the house to signal dinner being served. I look down and frown. Deciding whether I should go or not was difficult, but in the end, I decided to go. Throwing on my grey jacket from earlier, I go to the stairwell. I always preferred taking the stairs because each time I did, i would notice a different painting or photograph. Some were even of Lilia when she was younger; I once found a photo of Lilia and Yakov on their wedding day.

Taking my seat at the table, I look up and see Yuri sitting just across from me, Mila sitting beside him. There’s someone new seated next to me, I turn to him prepared to introduce myself. “Hello. I don’t think we’ve met yet. I’m (Y/N) Giacometti. I work here under Lilia. Oh, and before you ask, yes, that Chris guy is my older brother.” I put my hand out for him to shake. I blush as he takes it gently within his own, bringing it close to his lips, and pressing a light kiss to it. “Charmed. I’m Georgi Popovich. May I ask how long you’ve worked here? And why here of all places?” He enquires.“I’ve worked here for three years, since I was twelve. Lilia asked me to come actually. I’ve danced in competitions since I was about nine under the pseudonym ‘Princesse de la dance’ or ‘princess of dance’ since where I live everyone always spoke French, and that is how they’ve dubbed me, I guess. Lilia never told me why she picked me though.” He nods, showing that he understood. Dinner was being plated so I stand up to go and help serve. I hear him ask Mila something along the lines of, ‘So she’s...15?’ To which she just hums in reply. I chuckle as I place plates down in front of them. I ended up serving Yuri last, well, except for myself since I’m always last to sit down. I didn’t pay much mind to what happened at dinner; I was more focused on how to get Yuri to understand me than eating. I didn’t need him to forgive me, just understand. Occasionally, I’d glance up at him only to find him looking anyway but towards me. Due to a sudden frustration with him just staring at me without saying anything, I could feel tears welling in my eyes. I hastily excused myself before running upstairs. I get a worried text from Lilia.

Lilia:
Are you alright? What happened?

Me:
Don’t worry about me. I’m fine
Read

    ‘I’m not worth your worry anyway.’ I curl up in a corner of my room and sob, loud enough, I’m sure, that anyone passing by could hear it. A short while later, tears still flowing, I see a cat’s silhouette flooding in as a shadow beneath the door. Opening the door, Sammi is revealed with a note in her collar. ‘Thought you might need her now more than ever, so I let her up.’ I sigh as more tears still come. ‘Lilia, I don’t deserve someone like you.’ No one else has ever really seen this side of her. I don’t see what about me is so amazing that she just needed to have me around. I’m not extraordinary; I’m rather subpar. Sammi curls up in my lap, rubbing her head against my hand while I continue crying. At some point I thought I heard footsteps but I just ignored it. ‘To think, I thought we may be able to be friends. Ha. How stupid. Naive.