Chapter 6.

My school uniform in the MM [I took this from google.]

EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES! ✨

[ the same year... ]

So my uniform was white and like a turquoise, grade 7 I could wear a dress or a skirt it had to be in the middle of my leg, no more or less. If I was wearing a skirt I would have to wear a tie but grade 7's could only wear dresses and then as you go up in different grades the uniform slightly changes.
During the summer I was given a list of what books I needed to buy, the uniform material and how long everything needed to be. The tie was the only uniform that my school sold everything else HAD to be made, like by a dressmaker. It wasn't easy plus high school fees needs to be paid for each term or yearly, I remember a student got turned away from the gate because his parents hadn't paid the school fee😞)

I always use to wonder why my mum use to work so much even though my dad was helping everything adds up, 3 school fees needed to be paid😖.

So the morning of my first day of high school, my grandma did my hair, in canerows up into a bun (I still have a picture of this day) I had on shiny black shoes, I had all the resources I would need in my backpack and my uniform was fresh and I was now a 7th grader!

So I met up with my girls Ayprl, Tiffany and Zenelle as we headed to our high school, Denbigh high school.
My mum let me go to this school 1. Because my big sister Shamaya was there and 2. Out of all the schools I was accepted into, it was the closest.

It was so crazy that we were all going to the same school, even though they to got accepted into other schools we still went to the same high school. As we reached the school I remember there was a list of every 7th graders names and next to it was our houses/home room. So we found our home rooms, Zenelle and Tiffany were in let's say brown room whereas me and Ayprl were in the red room. So as the group split up and went into our rooms we were introduced to our form tutor, her name was Miss Thompson. We went around the class and introduced ourselves and then she gave us a booklet of the school rules and our timetable. From reading the booklet I found out that my school was stricttttt.
The dresses and skirts had to be below the knee and in the middle of your leg, the blouses had to be white, the socks had to be a certain length and the shoes had to be black and clean, if those rules weren't followed then you were not allowed in the gate unless it had been changed. There was also a rule about hair, no extensions, weaves were allowed or coloured hair everything had to be natural and match the colour of the uniform.

If you were late to school you would have to run around the field twice and because it's hot by time you've done sweat your smelling and it's not even 9am. So school started at 7:50am and finished at 2:40pm if you had any extra curricular that was from 3-4pm, for the first few months I didn't do any extra curricular.
That day was more like an induction day so I started at 10am and finished by noon.

Now for my actual first day I woke up at 5:45am, me and my sisters had to make sure the house was clean, we all had different areas we would clean, I did the bathroom and the hallway, my sister Shamaya did the kitchen and the veranda, our eldest sister Shenaie did the living room and our bedroom. So that wouldn't take us long, it took me maybe 20mins and then I started getting ready for school, so once I ate breakfast (which was some of the time, I'm not a breakfast person) I showered, got ready, I needed to leave no later than 7:10am because I met up with my girls and we walked it to school, bus fare was high so I would only take it sometimes but not everyday. The walk to school was half an hr if I took my time to walk but if I was quick it would take me 15-20mins.

So once I was ready I left the house with my sister Sham, we met up with her 2 friends and then walked it to school. We reached the school at 7:35am, I saw Tiffany and Zenelle right away, the first bell went at 7:40 which meant that the gates would close in 10mins, the bell ran again at 7:45am and Ayprl ran through the gate at 7:48am and at exactly 7:50am the gate closed and there was a boy who was late and a teacher made him run around the park or he was to go back home. This was the day I realised that I was never gonna be late! Lol. (The reason I know Ayprl arrived at the time is because we still joke about that happening until this day.)

That same day I met my English, maths, Spanish, history and P.E (Physical education) teachers. All lessons were near enough an hour long, lunch was 45mins and we had a break time which was 15mins. I carried lunch from home because school meals were slightly expensive. I remember when school was finished I went straight home with my sister becus I was so tired. After we got home which was at 3:10pm I took off my uniform, cleaned my shoes and then I did homework (yep I got homework on my first full day) I got homework from my maths and English teachers only, throughout the rest of the week I was given homework from each teacher. My big sister Shenaie reached home at 4:30pm as she went to netball club at her school. My mum came home at 5:30pm, she made dinner and I cleaned the hallway so that I didn't have to do it in the morning, I only had the bathroom to do, then I went straight to bed becus I was so knackered.

By the end of grade 7 I had done other lessons such as geography and religious education in 7th grade I studied only English language. Me and my girls were still really close by the end of 7th grade. I also joined netball team I did this every Thursday 3-4pm, as I mentioned already school finished at 2:40pm so it gave me time to prepare for my after school club.

My eldest sister Shenaie graduated from Glenmuir high school the school year before I started grade 7, she went into sixth form (grade 12 ) at the same school, she didn't complete the 2nd year of sixth form (grade 13) which was her choice, but because she passed her first year she could go and get a decent job which is what she did. Going into sixth form is a choice, not everyone has to do it.

[Side note: the next chapter I will put small details about grade 8 and 9.]

****
This is the longest chapter yet...

Thank you for still reading this, I really appreciate it. Don't forget to add to your library, share, like, comment 💛💛

****
~ Sash💋