Chapter Five: Not Alone

(This chapter was highly inspired by "Monsters" by Timeflies. Listen to it. It's good!)

Taehyung enters the kitchen to the sound of food frying, pans clattering, and soft conversation bubbling in the corner. He tugs on the hoodie again to make sure it covers his short shorts and wanders closer to where everyone stands. He watches with curiosity as Jin cooks, not even hesitating as he whisks eggs in a pan to fry up omelets. Namjoon stands off to the side, watching Jin and the stove with his arms crossed over his chest. There are still bandages wrapped around his mouth, but they are no longer bloody.

"Namjoon helping with that?" Taehyung asks curiously and Jin smiles lightly.

"Yeah. I would miss cooking too much if I didn't have my sight..." Jin mumbles as he puts the egg mixture back on the old stove that seems to be running on nothing. There's no flame, no gas scent, and no electricity in this building so how...? Hobi notices Taehyung's confused face from the window and laughs.

"I'm using my energy to power the house, Taehyungie. You don't need to look so lost," Hobi chimes, his blond hair glowing brightly in the sun.

"You're like a personal solar panel, dear lord," Jimin grumbles and Taehyung laughs, slightly amused by his foul mood.

"Good morning to you, too, Jimin-hyung," Taehyung chirps, watching as Jimin's face twists conflictedly. Part of him wants to dislike this group of mutants. They took him from one prison to another, they took away his chance of revenge, and they don't fear him as they should. But then he realizes: they don't fear him. They treat him as a normal person despite the fact he could kill all of them in a second if he wanted to. Taehyung's big bright boxy smile throws him off, so he stands and storms off, not wanting to be around the things that confuse him the most, "Okay...?"

Just give him his space, Tae...he needs to cope with some things, Namjoon says in Tae's mind and the small mutant nods.

"I see you're still purple..." Jin mumbles, hands busy cooking though he turns to face Taehyung.

"Um...yeah. That's not going away anytime soon I don't think,"

"Really? Do you know how long?" Yoongi asks, and Taehyung shrugs.

"I've never had my molecules short circuit from a teleporting mutant before. Which—let me tell you—hurt like a fucking bitch! I don't know why you guys were totally fine when I got fried!"

"I'm sorry, but I did warn you," Jungkook's deep voice says directly behind Taehyung, his breath tickling Tae's neck as the boy yelps and jumps away from Jungkook. He spins to glare at him while everyone else laughs at them.

"Jeez don't you make noise when you move?! You scared me, you big bully!" Taehyung snaps, pouting his lush lips as he crosses his arms over his chest. Jungkook just laughs, sitting next to Yoongi and Hobi at the small dining table in the corner of the kitchen.

"I teleport. Making noise doing that seems kinda pointless, don't ya think?" Jungkook teases and Taehyung sticks his tongue out while the others laugh again.

"Why don't you walk like every other mutant, huh? You ever think about that?"

"Stop teasing; we know you two got the hots for each other," Yoongi grumbles, sipping at a cup of coffee while Taehyung just blushes a brighter shade of magenta.

"No, I don't! I don't know what the hell you're thinking. You know what...? I'm going to go get Jimin. Let him know breakfast is ready," Taehyung babbles, hurrying out of the kitchen as Jungkook watches after him.

"Is that wise...? Jimin seems a little off today..." Jungkook murmurs and Namjoon sighs.

Don't worry. If Tae is good at anything, it is diffusing guys like that. Surprisingly, since all he seems to do is rile you up.