Chapter 5: The Fight

Eve

"I know you did this!" He screamed, gesturing to his dirt-covered body. Other football players began walking out of the locker room, each one laughing harder than the last. Aside from James, who looked concerned.

"I did no such thing," I argued. It took every ounce of strength in my body to resist the urge to smile. I should do this professionally: pranking assholes.

"Your- your lipstick was on my locker!" He quickly said, stuttering as he tried to think of proof, which I knew there was none of.

"Why would I waste expensive lipstick on something as filthy as a locker?" I defended, the lie slipping easily from my lips.

Kyle sputtered incoherent words for a few moments, before deciding to simply tug at his hair. You could see the anger rolling off of him, like waves. I could tell he wanted to hit something-- hit me. I discreetly shifted my feet into a position that would help me block Kyle if he came at me.

"Why are you such a bitch?!" He yelled after a few more moments of stuttering.

"Why are you such a prick?" I shot back. "I warned you not to mess with me."

"And that wasn't a confession," I added after a moment. I heard Drake laugh from somewhere near me.

Kyle hands clenched and unclenched, debating on whether or not to punch me. His breaths came out short and ragged, so loud I could hear them from where I was standing. Kyle took a step towards me, his eyes locked on mine. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a few of his fingers twitch and I knew that he had came to a decision. He was going to hit me.

Kyle rushed forward, his fist ready. He moved quickly, so quickly that I knew Drake didn't see it coming, he was too far away to help me. A small smirk appeared on Kyle's face as he saw the surprise on my face, which wasn't too hard to fake. I pretended to look shocked up until a moment before Kyle planned to hit me, then I ducked out of the way. He swung at the air and tripped when he didn't come in contact with anything. Kyle growled when he realized that I had tricked him. He spun back towards me and swung his fist again, but this was a predictable move. I raised my leg and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine, causing him to keel over onto his side.

By now, there was a crowd gathered around us, mostly football players but also a few people that were just walking by. Most everyone was filming us and I grinned, realizing that this fight was going to be seen by everyone. Kyle slowly stood up again, walking with a slight limp. He came at me again, going to punch me in the stomach but I easily dodged his weak throw.

"Are you done yet? Or do you want to be humiliated some more?" I asked.

"I'm tired from practice, that's the only reason you're still standing," he sneered.

I laughed. "Surreee," I said sarcastically.

Kyle swung yet again, but I caught his wrist with ease. Holding him with my left hand, I swung at Kyle's face with my right. I heard a satisfying crunch come from his nose, followed by a stream of blood.

"Y- you broke my nose!" He yelled, cupping his nose like a wuss.

"You deserved it. I hope you remember this the next time you consider hitting a girl," I sneered.

I could tell that Kyle was done. I spun around and started walking toward Drake, who was looking at me with a proud smirk, his arms crossed across his chest. I rubbed at my knuckles that were throbbing from my punch, but I probably felt a lot better than Kyle did. I put my hands in my jacket pockets and continued walking towards Drake, people clearing out of the way for me.