🍰 Why I'm Beautiful

(Word Count: 1068)

(Daniel's POV)

I couldn't help but stare at him as he moved. His muscles seemed to flex under the thin fabric of his human shirt. It was very fitting and I wondered if he was getting fashion advice from Steve.

His ocean eyes suddenly turned towards me and I flinched, causing me to fall out of my chair and onto my face. I sighed... I was leaning too far and surely looked like an idiot in front Loki.

The silence made me think I was left alone in the room but before I was able to lift myself off of the ground, I felt arms wrap around me as Loki suddenly shouted, "Daniel, you're hurt! We have to get you to Doctor Banner!"

I smacked his hands off, only managing to fall flat on my face once again. How unsurprising... I lifted myself off of the floor and dusted my shirt, trying to act cool about it. "I'm fine," I tilted my head and winked with a smirk, "And so are you."

Loki frowned at my attempt at flirting. He turned on his heel and immediately left the room. He knew I was perfectly fine after that.

I sighed. I had been trying to flirt with Loki for a week now and all of my flirts come out too weird or too childish to be considered actual flirts.

I followed down the hall where Loki went and found him in the kitchen, sneaking a plate of mac'n'cheese. Sure, I was supposed to be trying to up my flirt game, but first I just had to ask the most important questions that all Midgardians want to ask. "LOKI! How in the heck do I find you eating all day and yet you look like that?! You are a literal piece of artwork and no one can hold a candle to you! So how are you able to eat fifty pounds of food in a day?!"

He glanced at me with that innocent face of his. "I'm not sure I even eat twenty pounds in a day. Perhaps you're just overreacting, darling." He shrugged as he sat on one of the stools. "However, I'll congratulate you on managing a semi-decent flirt in your tantrum."

Inwardly I was excited for a moment at managing to made a decent enough flirt for him, but at the same time, he still didn't answer my question. I leaned over the table, playing with his hair. "You still didn't answer my question. You're like a million years old. How do you look so freaking beautiful?"

With an empty bowl in front of him, he turned to me with a smile. I was expecting to be told the secrets of the universe before he poked my stomach and my joy seemed to deflate. "You Midgardians just don't understand how to balance yourselves between your activity and your energy consumption. Not to mention our metabolism is much higher than yours. So you get cute little tummies."

I shouted and pulled away as he began to pinch my stomach. I covered my stomach with my arms and pouted at him. "My stomach isn't cute! Leave my stomach out of this!" Loki didn't lose his smile as he watched me in amusement.

"It's only fair, don't you think," Loki asked as he was suddenly behind me, wrapping his arms around me to rub my stomach. "You asked about my stomach, so I feel that it's my turn.

"No, it's not!" I fussed defensively, still trying to pull his arms away, "You're too pretty to get a turn! Go eat a fifty-pound cake or something, twig!"

He paused in his harassment and pulled away from me. I turned around immediately in case he decided to attack me. But it was strange finding him tenderly touching his arms and stomach. "Am I... really that small?"

"Look, Loki," I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly. Yeah, it hasn't been even a year since the New York incident and I knew that he was tortured and starved before those events. I instantly felt bad for my words and apologized, "I'm sorry. It's not your fault. I'm sorry for commenting on... well... You're better now though! It's fine! You can eat as much as you want! I won't tell a soul!"

We stayed in awkward silence for minutes that were longer than I would have liked. I was relieved when he finally spoke, "So you don't mind?"

I shook my head. "I'm with you through thick and thin, Lokes." He smiled lightly at my little jab.

In fact, Loki wrapped his arms around me and decided to jab back, "You're just fine too, Daniel."

"I'll have you know I'm a shapeshifter," I pointed out, pulling away from Loki with a smile as I shifted into him. And there stood two Loki's in the kitchen. "And I look absolutely fabulous."

Loki narrowed his eyes. "I too happen to possess the power of shifting." To prove his point he was suddenly looking just like me.

I frowned in disapproval, "Hey! Stop that!"

"Stop what?" He pouted teasingly.

"That!"

"Loki," Thor slunk through the door with his red cloak around his shoulders. "Why are you yelling at Daniel?"

"AH!" I transformed back into myself and shouted, "He's not Daniel! I am!"

Loki smirked at the turn of events and tilted his head as he fussed, "You're awfully horrible at lying today, Loki."

"Hey! Don't pull that on me, Laufeyson!"

"Uuuuuuuhhhhhhh," Thor looked between us in confusion. "Daniel?"

"What?" Loki and I asked at the same time, causing me to glare at him.

Thor peered closely at the two of us. "Loki, cut it out!" He obviously couldn't tell the difference between me and his brother who looked just like me.

"Fine, fine. I yield." Loki then transformed back into himself with that smile of his.

Thor looked at us again carefully before smiling at me. "There you are, Daniel."

"Hi, Thor! I'm gonna leave you and Loki to your snacking now!" I smiled back before adding with a baby voice, "My two big boys." Before Loki could smack my head, I quickly ducked out of the kitchen with a snicker.

(A/N: My first year of college is finally over so if there are any Daniel/Loki requests that you'd like to see let me knooow! I have all summer to attend to your dreams! 😁)