v. halik.

Jennie always had this need for something every since she was little, it didn't seem to bother her that much at first. But the longer she lived, the bigger the yearning grew. The problem is, she doesn't know what it is.

It's worse than dying, you just die. But this, every day is hell. Every day that goes by slowly kills her, and it seems like what she yearns for is what she needs to survive.

When all hope seems to be lost, the savior comes.

Something at this certain club seems to fulfill her yearning, but it all comes back when she leaves; so, she goes to this club as often as possible.

But she wants it to stop permanently.

Rosé heard her thoughts.

She felt empathy for the girl.

Rosé dearly loved a woman named Ruby Jane. They shared a forbidden love, a love between a monster and a mere human. They accepted each other, they felt right in everything wrong.

But they never got their happy ending. Dozens of rumors about their love began to spread like wildfire, and before she knew it, mobs of people with torches and spears are marching to her castle. If it was up to Rosé, she'd just kill all of them within a second, but Jane doesn't want to solve things with violence, she thinks a talk would fix everything, and Rosé could never go against her wife.

They slowly walked toward the mobs. But it seems like they don't want to talk either. They want Ruby Jane back. As soon as they got close, a spear came flying towards them. Rosé immediately saw this and wrapped her arms around Jane, protecting her. This made Rosé furious, you can touch everything she owns, but never, never touch her inamorata.

She stood up, pulled Jane behind her.

But, Rosé-

Not now, love.

Rosé spoke out loud,

I would love to kill all of you, but doing so would be a waste of my precious time. However, I will do anything to protect the one I love, and I'm sure you do too. If you love your life and your kids, I suggest you go back to your village now. It would be pathetic to go against me with spears and torches.

But they didn't listen. Instead, they charged forward. Just as Rosé was about to put them all into flames, Jane spoke.

Stop.

Eyes were on her, including her lover's.

I'll go with you.

Everyone took a minute before reacting, celebrating with joy.

But Park Rosé's not sure of what she heard. She's pretty sure she heard her heart shatter, though.

She dared not move an inch, until Jane came closer to her, hugged her, and reached for her ear.

This is for the best.

Rosé doesn't need to know Jane's reasons, she can read minds.

And with that, Jane let go and turned around. But Rosé held her hand and pulled her back in for a kiss.

The kiss of goodbye.

Rosé spent her life without Jane in misery.

Until she heard of rumours that Jane is living with an old widow away from the village. Rosé wasted no time and immediately searched for her lover.