Blood sweat and a lot of tears.

Hi guys!

I figured I'd let you guys know that I'm changing one of the plot points so that the story makes more sense. I'm going to make it so that spirits are more common familiars than yokai, since there's this war thing going on between the two races. There are going to be yokai familiars, but they are mostly in it for the ensured payment of a soul (this will be explained in a later chapter)

Enjoy! Sorry for the long wait my bro's

~-~-~

Todoroki's p.o.v

Morning breeze gently wafted fresh air through the open screen that lead to the shrine outside. Charms twinkled sweetly as they wobbled, a serenade to my mind as I sat deep in thought. What else could I do after what happened yesterday.

Allmight told my master he could follow his dreams, however his dreams conflict with me slightly.
It fills me with joy that he will finally be able to see me after all these years, though it's for not so desirable reasons.

'My master.. a murderer.. it would be fine with me if I was the one doing it, but Midoriya.. it just doesn't sit right with me..'

With a yawn and a swish of my tail to get me moving, I heaved myself up and strolled into the kitchen to see the Green maiden working hard, clearing away pots and pans and writing talismans at the same time.

"Good morning."
"Good morning Todoroki, could you wake up Izuku? He's going to be late" she rushes out of her mouth as some of the blank talismans were about to fall onto the floor.

"Of course."
I walk through the corridor and knock on his door. I say nothing as I don't want to frighten him, but with each minute without response, I had to go in.

He was peacefully dozing off in his bed without a stress in the world, hugging his quilt. Part of me wanted to let him rest like this, to keep him happy in this dream-like state.
'But that isn't what my master would want' I concluded, making my way across the room to him. I shook him by the shoulders lightly, which made him instantly jolt awake.

"HwaAAH!!"

He yelled in shock as his eyes darted around the room, flinging himself upright so hard that he almost fell out of said bed. I took a few steps back to let him get up.

"Who.. who did that? Was I just dreaming?"

I couldn't help but sigh in disappointment. It may be wrong to get so impatient about it, but after what Allmight said, I can't help but hope everyday he might actually look at me rather than through me.

Hopes dropped yet again, I strolled out of his bedroom to give him some privacy and waited outside the door. Soon enough he burst out wearing denim shorts and a yellow hoodie with enough energy to bounce across water, repeating to himself "oh my god oh my god I'm late I'm late I'm so late-"

He rushed into the kitchen to say goodbye to his mother, and grabbed a piece of bread from the counter to stuff in his mouth as he sprinted outside. Feet tapping against the stone slabs he raced towards the first tori gate that marked the beginning of the steep steps. I found it quite easy to keep pace with him as he bounded down, but he seemed to have difficulty keeping pace with himself.

When in such a hurry it's impossible to check where your feet land if you are preoccupied, and this lead to Midoriya slipping off the edge of one of the steps on his way down.