[C.1] The Beginning

A U T H O R ' S P. O. V

"No, mom and dad please don't go!" pleaded an eleven year old Lisa as she held her father and mother's now bloody hands.

Their once joyful house was now in a state of both chaos and silence. Shattered glass, tables turned, a lone storybook laying open in a corner, they were all evidences of the distress that entered their family's residence.

The only sound that was cutting through the deafening silence was the married couple's occasional coughs and their daughter's pained cries.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, please forgive me and your mother if we won't be able to take care of you anymore." Lisa's dad muttered softly with a sad tight lipped smile.

"Please promise us to be always strong no matter what happens okay?" The young girl turned to her mother this time, her voice was soft and fond as her eyes slowly becomes heavier and heavier by the second. This action only causesd the young girl to cry even more.

"I love you both mom and dad, always." Young Lisa said, causing her parents to smile one last time. Oh how much Lisa loved her parent's smile, she was told countless times before that she inherited the exact same one, so if it wasn't for the situation she would have smiled back.

"We love you too, angel." Her parents chorused, their voices becoming blurrier as seconds pass by.

"NO!" Lisa Manoban screamed in terror as her eyes snapped wide open, she looked around and soon realized that she was in her dorm, sitting up on her bed. She briefly reached for her face and felt tears flowing down her cheeks.

The rays of sunlight that slid through the curtains swaying before her window prompted her to squint her eyes, before she closed them altogether as a frustrated groan escaped her lips.

Not again.

"Lisa! Are you okay?"

Lisa opened her eyes and turned her head towards the direction of where the concerned voice was coming from. There she found her bestfriend hastily entering the room while looking at her, worry evident on her face. The sight at least made Lisa relax a bit.

The alarmed voice belonged to none other than Park Chaeyoung, Lisa's roommate slash best friend along with their unnie, Kim Jisoo.

The three of them always found comfort in each other at times like this, one reason is because they vowed that they would always look out for each other, a result of the strong bond they formed within the years they spent together, and another is that because maybe fate decided to bring together these three different girls with the same experiences.

It was common for the three of them to have occasional nightmares, as to having lived a tough childhood. So this resulted into them understanding and relating to each other more than anyone else, they were all put in different but somehow alike situations when they were still young, so their concern and words for one another were always more genuine.

They liked to always joke that they must have been destined to meet each other in one way or another.

"Are you having those bad dreams again?" Chaeyoung worriedly asked Lisa as soon as she reached the side of the younger's bed before slowly sitting there, the latter only gave a nod of her head. "Aw, poor maknae, don't worry your beautiful unnie is here!" Chaeyoung exclaimed before giving her a tight hug, she sneakily stole a glance at her bestfriend, before relief flooded her whole when she finally saw a small smile making it's way on Lisa's face.