|lonely - five|

i guess having a mom who work most hours of the day has its negatives; like laying alone with a broken collarbone. it wasn't even my collarbone that hurt to most, it was my arm. i could barely move it, and when i could, it hurt like hell. my ukulele was in my right hand, unharmed.

good for it, i thought to myself. my mom should be home soon.

i waited for my mom to come home.

minutes turned into hours, and the sun was setting. i couldn't just sit around and wait any longer. i needed to get help. i ultimately made a decision of how i was going to get help. as i put my plan into motion, i left my ukulele on the grass.

i threw my left leg over my right leg and used my force to tip myself over, landing on my stomach. after taking a few minutes to regenerate my strength, i brought my legs up towards my body and propelled my body towards the driveway of my house. i repeated this motion, taking five minute breaks between every few pushes to regenerate strength.

i reached my driveway and used the rest of my energy to sit up against my mailbox. all of the adrenaline and shock was mostly drained and i was starting to feel weaker. as the adrenaline and shock faded, the pain only got worse. my vision was starting to blur and darken. i was feeling lightheaded and starting to lose hope.

but then a car pulled up.

     "Hey, you need a ride?" he yelled out the passenger side window, where his right arm was leaning against. through the open window, i saw a boy about mike's age in the drivers seat. i wondered why he was driving if he was our age.
"Uh, yeah. I could use a ride, preferably to the hospital," i managed to gasp out. "Could I get some help?"
mike nodded, opening the car door. he put his right arm under my knees and his left under my shoulder.
"Ow," i choked out. he muttered a quick "sorry" before readjusting his arm to rest under my mid-back. he laid me down in the backseat of his friend's car and closed the door. he took a seat on the passenger side and the car started to move. "So, who's your friend?"

his friend laughed.

"I'm Ben, I'm a junior," he said, turning left.

that explains why he's driving, i thought to myself.

     "Well, um, why are you two helping me? i mean, i barely know mike and i've just met you," i asked awkwardly. Ben just softly chuckled.
     "You looked in pain, Mike said he knew you, and ambulance rides aren't free," Ben said matter-of-factly.
     "Oh, well, thanks."

after a while, we arrived at the hospital. mike got out of the passengers seat and opened my door. he put his arm around my back and under my left arm to support me while i walked.

we arrived at the big glass double doors and they walked me in. i sat down on one of the chair to ease the pain while Mike and Ben went up to the receptionist.

instead of worrying about my collarbone or my arm or anything, the most important thing on my mind at that point was
my mom's gonna kill me.

————
HEY GUYS! i know this took like 5 years to post but IM SORRY. ive been forgetting to post because i just didn't feel like it but i think im gonna get back on track. love you guys !
- ella