Remember

Bucky turned around, kicking Tony in the back, making his body reel over Steve. Tony felt the tremendous loss of a close friend and an even greater loss towards his parents; reopening the wound. Steve had just stuck a knife through it, stabbed him deep inside, turning it. His body aching, he stood to his feet, just to get hit with the super soldiers shield right to the temple making Tony gasp inside his helmet. He had to fight them. Had to fight for his parents and the right that Steve hadn't told him about the man who killed them, made his hatred for Cap's friend even more venomous. The thing was, Steve had to pay.

The nest punch made his vision blur into oblivion with a new liquid, now running down his brow he knew all too well. He had to control his movements or he'll lose everything. His rage took over, making his mind dull the pain. Tony kicked the Super Soldier in the stomach, which left his shield hurling away from its owner. 

"Tony, It doesn't have to end like this-" Steve stood to his feet.

"-Cool it Cap." Stark shot another beam at the Captain, making him jump out of the way. 

Captain America visibly sighed, standing there. "I'm sorry, Tony."

"Save it." Tony's rage overtook his mind once again, not leaving any room for talk or debate. He went to swing for his ex-friends' head but was being held back by an unknown force. He grabbed at his back to find Bucky ripping his suit apart with his metallic arm. A red titanium fist met with flesh, sending the Winter Soldier next to Captain America. They both faced him now. 

His breath became more erratic with every swing and kick. He knew in the back of his mind, there was no chance he'd make it out alive, even if he tried his hardest. Tony shook the thoughts away as he was pushed by Barnes against the wall, he yelled as he felt the searing new pain of the suits arch being pressed tightly against his chest. He knew if it was ripped out.....

There was red and blue fogging out his vision, then a flash of white, hearing a moan of pain cry out in front of him. He searched and found an enemy he had sworn mentally to kill for revenge, on the floor in front of him, unconscious. Tony stepped back, his rage and somewhat regret bulling into him. He figured he had more of a chance now, as he went to finish off the Super Soldier. But he was ready for him.

Left swing, right swing, lower left punch, top right hit. The amount of adrenaline that flew off the Captain was unexpected. He threw Tony against the wall and started using him and his suit as a punching bag. Another hit to the face made Tony gasp as his jaw was moved up with a sudden jerk. His eyes fell wide upon the Captain behind the emotionless mask. 

'You can't beat him hand-to-hand.' He knew that voice. Another punch to the head. Another slam against him with the shield. "Analyse his fight pattern." Another hit directly under the chin sent his vision blurred a short moment. 

'Scanning' The AI Spoke in a somewhat fast tone, making her sound panicked. Tony glared into the Captain's face, to find a new strength welling up behind those blue bulbs. Adrenaline was all Steve needed. He knew him as one for never backing down out of a fight. Rogers grunted with hits now, visibly trying his hardest to break the now-cracked shell. 

'Countermeasures Ready' The shield went for his face once again, but he was fed up with it. His suit guided his hand toward it and stopped the impact. The Captain looked up from his attacker towards his shield, not expecting it. "Let's kick his ass." Tony said with a shaky breath. 

He shot the shield away and fought him, the suit guiding his movements with Steve's into a dance of death. 

A few long moments later, "He's my friend." The man said in front of him, who was now kneeling. Tony's rage caught in the back of his throat. 

"So was I." He remembered the times they had overcame their differences with the battle of New York, he sent a punch the Cap's way, hitting him square in the head. He threw another punch, thinking about Ultron. Another punch. Hydra Base. Another punch. Finally, he stopped, seeing the man bowl over. The man gave a wheezed cough, not having nearly enough energy to get up, he was sent back against the curved pillared walls, Tony threw him to.

"Stay Down. Final Warning." His voice was caught with a short sigh of breath. The man somehow got up and put his fists up, taking delayed breaths of exhaustion. The captain had new energy for the last round.

"I can do this all day."  With that, Tony lifted a repulsor towards the man and was grabbed with a cry from another man beneath him. He cried out as he was caught off-guard, thrust towards the ground with a clink of crying metal and pain. Captain America started to punch him, but this time his face looked desperate, yet still determined. The punches sent his head against the concrete floor. He grit his teeth when the man pulled his briefly abandoned shield out, now hitting him with the end of it into the center of the faceplate. He continued over and over again.

Tony heard a crack and he felt his helmet rip from his head. His eyes widened with fear and realization as the final blow he recognized to be the end snuck into his mind. The Soldier raised the shield over the Billionaire, above his head. Tony calculated how it would play out the split second, he put his hands up to defend his head and neck, watching in horror.

The shield flew down hard into, not his head or neck, but his suits power core. There was seen, vibranium and titanium meeting head-on with a screeching clack that echoed the empty base. Tony's heart seemed to take a run as his eyes still stared up at the Soldier in front of him. His suit, heavy on his exhausted body, as he watched the man just lean and breathe. Finally, he toppled over to the side, still breathing from the exertion. 

The Genius blinked and thought about what the soldier would've been able to do with him being so out of it and pinned. With defying odds, the man got up and yanked the shield out of the core. Tony leaned to the side, watching the Soldier, his friend, leaving with the traitor. 

"That shield doesn't belong to you. You don't deserve it." His voice cracked, coming out dry. "My father made that shield." He felt pain and guilt towards who knows what- There was a drop of metal that clanged neatly onto the concrete floor. 

Captain America had dropped his shield. And Tony sobbed.

-Your vision fades-