Chapter 8

Chapter 8

***20 Weeks Pregnant***

Sitting in the office waiting on the nurse to call me back, I look over and Juan walks in the door. I had told him about my appointment but didn't know if he would be able to make it. He leans down and kisses me before sitting beside me. "I didn't think you were going to make it." I said. "Me either but Jax made sure I was out in time. I think he's taking this brother thing pretty seriously." he tells me and I lean against him smiling. The nurse calls us back and asked "How are you feeling Mrs. Ortiz?" I just smile and say "I'm good." She smiles and takes my vitals and blood and takes us to the exam room.

Once in the exam room, the doctor comes in and does my measurements. "Looks like you are measuring where you should be so let's check this little one out." she says before pulling the ultrasound machine over. Putting the gel on my stomach, and moves the wand around. We hear a thumping sound and Juan grins and kisses me softly. "So, you wanna know what this little one is?" she asked and we nod yes. She moves the wand again and we see a little blob come up on the screen. "Hmmm." the doctor says. "Something wrong?" I asked getting nervous and so was Juan. Smiling the doctor looks at us and says, "We were only picking up one heartbeat but looks like there are two babies." she says. "But one heartbeat?" I asked scared that something was wrong. Moving the wand around more, she found the second heartbeat. We all release the breath we were all holding. "There we go. Now, let's see what these little sweethearts are." Moving the wand again, we see both babies. "Baby A is a boy. And...Baby B is a...girl." she says and starts printing out the ultrasound pictures. "I'll let you two have a minute. Congrats Mr and Mrs Oritz." she says smiling. "Holy shit. Twins babe." Juan says looking at the ultrasound pictures. He doesn't say anything else and his face isn't giving anything away. I sit up and start wiping the gel off and pulling my pants back over my belly and I don't look at him. "Hey, you okay?" he asked me and I just nod. "Hey. Baby. Look at me." he says and tilts my head up to look at him. "Are you not happy about this?" he asked. "I am. I'm really happy." I tell him. "Talk to me." He says. "Are you okay with this?" I asked him and his eye went wide. "Why would I not be happy about this?" he asked. "You just didn't say anything or look at me and it scared me." I said. "Baby, this is the best thing to happen to me since our wedding day." he says and pulls me to him. "Twins. Baby, we're having twins." he says kissing my temple.

Walking into the clubhouse later, we walk in and Gemma walks right over and says "So, am I having a grandson or a granddaughter?" I just look at Juan and then her and say "Both." She looks at me confused and then it clicks. "Holy shit. Twins?" she asked. Juan hands her an ultrasound picture and says "This one's for you Grandma." She smiles and kisses both our cheeks. Jax comes over and asked what was going on. "Looks like our little love birds here are having twins. A boy and a girl." Gemma says. Everyone walks over and is cheering and congratulating us.

Later that evening, we are sitting at home and I am rubbing my belly. I can feel them kicking up a storm and all of a sudden I grab Juan's hand and put it to my belly and he feels one of them kick. "Is this what you feel all the time?" he asked. "Pretty much. I just thought the baby was really active. I didn't know there were two in there." I say laughing. After a couple of minutes, I get serious. "Are you sure you are okay with this? I know you are happy we are having a baby but, Juan, we are having twins." I tell him. He pulls me closer and kisses me softly and says "I am better than okay with this. We are having twins baby. A boy and a girl. But we do need to do one thing." he says and I look at him confused. "What's that?" I asked. "Figure out names." he says. "How about I name the boy and you name the girl?" I say. "Okay. You go first." he says. I think for a minute and say "I have been thinking of a name for a while. Carlos Fillip. After you and Chibs since you and him are so close." I tell him. "I love that name. How about for a girl, Natalie Alexandra after Jax' middle name and Tig since you are so close to them." he says. I smile and say "Looks like we have their names."

Later that night, we are laying in bed and Juan moves down the bed where he is level with my belly. "Alright Carlos and Natalie, Mommy and Daddy love you both very much but you guys need to stop kicking Mommy so much. She needs sleep to be able to keep up with you two when you get here. Not too much longer and we will meet you guys. Good night my babies." he says before kissing my belly. "You are such a cheeseball." I tell him. He moves back up and kisses me softly and says "But I'm your cheeseball." I laugh and say "I love you Juan." He lays his head on my chest and says "I love you too Manda."