Chapter 16: Spies

'Those are your friends ... talking to mine.'

'What the hell,' Lisa whispered, ducking as Jennie turned her head in their direction, reading the menu behind her. Lisa lifted the hood of her jacket, brushing her hair to hide her face. Beside her, Jungkook was doing the same. 'Did you know about this?' She said accusingly, glaring at him. They'd been ignoring her texts this whole morning and had shoved her into some dance class. She couldn't but feel a bit left out.

'No!' He exclaimed, defensively. 'This morning they brought me to the arcade and then lEft me there. I thought they were going to get some coffee so I stayed behind but they never returned. I've been looking for them for half an hour.'

'And there they are, now.'

Lisa stayed quiet for a few moments. None of this was making any sense to her. Was this why they were all acting so weird these days?

'What are they hiding?' She whispered to herself. Jungkook's gaze jumped to her face, scanning intently. Squinting her eyes, she peeked at her friends, trying to get a glimpse into their conversation. If only she had super hearing...

'Do you think it's about us?'

She whipped back around her seat and stared blankly at Jungkook, raising her brow.

'Why would that be a topic of conversation?'

He averted his eyes. Ouch. Perhaps she'd been a bit harsh. Lisa had been trying to pretend as if she hadn't been feeling the things she had, about him, and maybe she'd been slightly too cool.

'I just- I don't know,' he shrugged. 'It can't be a coincidence, can it? Our friends, purposely avoiding us, meeting up. And these migraines we've been getting...'

'We?'

Jungkook looked at her. She could see his disappointment. Now, he thought he was the only one going through this. He must feel like he's going crazy.

'Jungkook, I-'

His phone beeped. He picked it up.

'Shit, shit, shit-'

Lisa dropped her intent of telling him the truth. 'What's up?'

'They're coming to get me. From wherever I am.' He gestured to the table. 'I can't exactly say I'm at the cafeteria..'

'I get it,' she gathered her things, fixing her hood atop her head. 'I'll be going now.'

Turning around one last time, she saw Jungkook's lips part, as if he were about to say something.

'I'll see you around?' She gave him a parting smile.

He watched her until she left the room, where his eyes remained for moments. The headaches returned soon after.