Chapter 1

You used to work as an auror at the ministry of magic but you had since transferred to MACUSA. Many described you as 'a quiet and suspicious girl that cared for nothing or no one except work'

'Are you (y/n)' a voice spoke from behind you 'y-yes that's me' you replied in a shaky voice. "I'm Tina Goldstein it's nice to meet you, follow me right this way" the woman said with a smile. You left the busy area and entered an almost silent room where a more familiar face stood at the other side of the desk in the middle of the room "good afternoon madam president" you said in a shy voice.
"It is a pleasure to finally have you here at our establishment the minister has said a lot about you" as you were about to reply the doors swung open as a tall man with dark hair and a formal outfit with a long dark grey coat walked in (wow you thought to yourself). "You needed me madam president" he spoke with a deep soothing voice he glared at you slightly before turning away again "yes mister graves, this is (y/n) (y/l/n) she has transferred here from England as an auror since this is her first time here I would like her to work as your assistant until she settles in" your heart skipped a beat when you heard the words come out of her mouth "madam president you can't be serious I have work to do important work" mister graves said starting to raise his voice madam picquery raised an eyebrow "I'm sorry about that but I don't have time to babysit some new girl" he spoke again this put a slight smirk on your face. "You heard me loud and clear mister graves now I would like you to show miss (y/l/n) to her office.
He rushed out of the room the sound of his shoes echoing through the halls "listen to me loud and clear I don't have time for someone like you so I will mind my own business if you mind yours" you were almost running trying to keep up with him "understood mister graves I understand why you are so annoyed I used to have to do the same with new people at the ministry" you said with a smirk he glared back at you slightly then continued to walk.

"This is my office, your office is at the very bottom of the hall I am sure you know how to open it yourself now please do not disturb me because I have lots of work to get on with" mister graves said before slamming the door closed in front of you. You continued to walk down the hall, as you entered your office and looked around you began to sneeze because of all the dust "tergeo" you said with your wand in the air all of the old books laying on the ground began to stack up on a shelf and your desk stood there in the middle of the room waiting for you to take a seat.