The Girl and the Angel (gxg)

~12 years old~

A girl was sitting in her room, laying face down on her bed. She was crying. Sobbing. Her nose was running, her cheeks were stained, and her eyes were bloodshot. She didn't want to be who she was. She was repressing it. Pushing this feeling down until it became dirt. She didn't want to think anymore, about how soft her friends hair was, how beautiful her face was. She didnt want to think about it.

~13 years old~

The girl still hasn't told anyone about what she felt that day, a year ago. She likes boys. That's it, no and's and or but's. She had to, no matter what.

~14 years old~

It was the last day of middle school, graduation day. she felt sad she won't be able to see her crush anymore but she'll never be able to confess anyway. She's come to terms with her sexuality, but she will never tell anyone. Not a soul. Never in her life will anyone ever find out her secret.

The teacher called her name to walk on to the stage and grab her graduation certificate. Her feet are like lead, stuck to the floor. Her tongue was heavy and caught in her throat. She started walking anyway. She was never fond of social interactions and did not like to be in the spotlight for more than two seconds. She hurriedly grabbed the certificate and walked off stage to her seat again.

She saw her crush go on stage after her, her hair flowing behind her. She was smiling and did not seem nervous at all. She was angelic up there, the girl thought.

~15 years old~

The girl was curled up in the corner of her room crying. She had ugly bruises along her arms, legs and stomach. Ugly. Discusting. Fag. Discrace. The tips of her nails were being chewed off by her teeth.

It was right after telling her father she was lesbian. As you can see, it did not go as well as she hoped.

The girl, still sobbing in the corner, started to get up. She packed her things in a suitcase, dropped it out of her window, and climbed out of it herself. She did not want anything to do with that person she called a father.

She ran to the nearest bus stop and paid the ticket with her allowance money she will no longer get. Once the bus pulled into the next stop she got out, ran two more blocks until she reached her destination. She knocked on the door and waited. she held her breath, hoping they will be home.

They opened the door and looked at the girl with shock. They started asking questions like "how did you get those?" "Who did this to you?" To which the girl responded with sobs and tears. They finally opened their arms for a hug after looking and observing all the cuts and bruises, making sure the girl did not have to go to the hospital. She gladly fell into the arms of the other.

They smelled like apples and cinnamon, with a hint of vanilla. Usually it wouldn't smell too good together but for them, it works just right. The girl started to tell them what happened, they nodded their head sometimes or gasped, but other than that they stayed silent. The girl started crying again and they hugged her once more.

"It's going to be okay" they said.

Her voice was the same angelic voice the girl fell in love with three years ago.

~16 years old~

The girl sat in her room again. After the whole ordeal with her dad and running away, her crush convinced her to reconcile. She did. She'd do anything for her.

She was doodling her face in a sketchbook she found on the floor. Her dad was still not as accepting as she wishes, but it could be worse. The girl decided next year she'll tell her the feelings she'd been holding in.