epilogue

"Well, I think we're done!" Jessica heard Pepper yell as she put the last box on the floor next to her new bed. It had taken them almost all day and it was going to be a long night of unboxing. But, finally, they had finished moving all their things into their new home in the city.

"Ugh, I'm exhausted." She said, throwing herself into the living room's couch. Morgan walked towards her and got on top of her. She wrapped her short arms around her neck and hugged her. "Aw, thanks, Moguna. I needed that."

"Are you gonna play with me now?" The five-year-old asked and Jessica now understood why the toddler was giving her attention.  

"How about we rest a little bit first?" The older girl suggested. "Tonight I'll tell you the longest and most exciting bedtime story. But if I don't rest now, I'll fast asleep before I can tell it."

Morgan pursed her lips, considering her offer. "Okay, you rest. I'll play with Peter." She looked up to the boy, who had just entered the room. He sat next to them on the sofa, a few drops of sweat on his forehead, from his effort on carrying the heaviest boxes. It hadn't been a struggle for them, all in all, both of the teens had super strength. Still, the task had tired them out. 

"Peter's gonna rest too, honey." Pepper came to their rescue and picked Morgan up. "You're coming with me, it's bath time."

Jessica volunteered to help, but her adoptive mother cut her off before she could even finish the sentence. "You sure you don't want me to-"

"Don't worry, Jess. I got it." Before leaving with her child, she smiled at Peter. "Thanks again for helping us."

"Yeah, sure!" He smiled back. 

"I'm so tired..." Jessica sighed as she threw her head back in the couch. She was already exhausted and she still had to unbox everything. And on top of that, she was going back to school tomorrow. Initially, she would have had to go that same day, but due to the moving, it hadn't been possible. She looked at Peter, curious to know how his day had been. "How was school?"

"Different..." He started, running his fingers through his hair and messing it up. "Everyone asked me about you."

Her lips curved into a small smile when she thought about her friends. She couldn't wait to see Ned, MJ, Betty, and even Flash, after all these years. "Did you tell them I am coming back?"

Peter nodded. "Can you explain again how did you manage to go back to high school?"

"Pepper pulled a few wires." She shrugged her shoulders. "I just know they're letting me come back."

His brows furrowed. "Who wants to go through that hell again?"

"Someone who has gone through worse than hell." Jessica sat down straight. "I'd rather re-live these past years with you guys than to continue on my own."

Peter was taken by surprised by her response. He blushed a little because he did like it. "T-that's cool." He noticed she wasn't wearing the necklace he had given her. "Where's your necklace?"

Jessica remembered the piece of jewelry. She had taken it off years ago, right after the snap, because it reminded her of him way too much. Yet, she hadn't thrown it away. She knew exactly where it was.

"I'll go get it." Jessica smirked and leaned in to kiss him, but before their lips could meet, the doorbell rang. 

They both turned to look at the door, confused. When Jessica opened it, she was joyful to find her friends.

"You have a lot to explain." MJ said as Jessica greeted everyone with a smile. She let her, Ned, Betty and Flash in. Flash was the first one to realize Peter's presence.