Chapter 11

As much as I hope it wouldn't, Friday came as quick as a snap. I honestly wasn't looking forward to this party, I don't know why I agreed to go?

My body was leaning against my locker, while my gaze was fixed on practically nothing. I was staring off into space, not paying attention to anything...until I felt somebody poke my side.

"Earth to Lavek, Zac Trenway wants to get to his locker." ugh, of course.

"Hi Zac." I groaned, standing up straight and letting him open his locker.

"You okay? You seem kind of down." he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied.

"You look as thrilled as a dead bird." he said. I look like a dead bird? Really?

"Whatever." I muttered.

"You excited for the party tonight?" he asked while shoving books into a crammed shelf.

"I'm not going." I told him. He slammed his locker shut with a loud bang.

"What do you mean you're not going? The whole school is going!" he said.

"The whole school minus one, you can count me out." I replied.

"But you went out, you bought your costume, you're gonna look great!" he said.

"Zac, I don't want to go. I don't care if that'll make me a loser for the rest of m senior year, I can't go to a high school party." I said.

"Dani, please? Will you do this for me?" he asked. I gave him a flat look in return. "Alright fine, will you do this for Luisa? Who will be terribly disappointed if you don't show up tonight?" he asked.

"Zac, don't make me feel worse than I already do. Please?" I pleaded.

"Alright, listen. We have until six to get ready, and if you still don't want to go, I won't force you. Just take the day to think about it." he said, walking away after. That was actually...pleasant. Weird.

"Oooh, trouble in paradise with Mork and Mindy?" Sandy asked in a sing-song voice. I turned to her and gave her a glare.

"Who asked you?" and with that, I spun on my heel and strutted away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Dani! I'm currently curling my hair for this party and I just bought some white pumps that are great for dancing! And I wanted to dance with you!" Luisa exclaimed through the phone.

"I'm sorry Luisa, I'm just not a party person." I told her.

"Dani, you're costume is adorable, you're going to attract a whole lot of male attention. Hey, hey, Lucas is going to be there too!" she sang. My teeth opened to bite my lip at the thought of Lucas, he was so cute, and sweet, and kind. He's my perfect dream guy! But what about Zac? I hate the fact that I have a small crush on him! That's just wrong.

"I'll see, I'll talk to you later." I said.

"I want to see you at that party Dani. You need a social life." and with that, she hung up. I sighed and threw my phone my bed, sitting down in the arm chair. My eyes landed on the costume I had cooped up in a plastic bag that was sitting on my desk. I had to admit, it was pretty adorable, and I looked really cute in it. Maybe I should go? Just for kicks? For all I know, I may have fun. And Lucas is going to be there, what would he be for Halloween? Maybe a sexy fireman?

That's it, I'm going to the Halloween party.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------