Chapter 33

"So, my dad wants to have me over-comb my hair for the wedding. Do I look like the kind of guy who over-combs his hair?" Zac asked me. We were at school, at my locker to be more precise. I was throwing books in while he was complaining about his dad's demands.

"Let my mom talk to him, she'll probably make him let you spike your hair like usual." I replied.

"Nah, it's a special day, and I want to look nice. What're you doing?" he asked. I stopped and gave him a confused look.

"You thinking of growing out your hair?" I asked him, hoping for a 'No'.

"Of course not, but I usually have it up like this, I want to do something different." he replied.

"Flatten it?"

"What do you mean flatten it?"

"I dunno. Take a shower, then just leave it flat." I suggested.

"I'll think of something. Anyway, you still wanna go to that festival?" he asked in a hushed voice.

"Sure, why are we whispering?" I asked him.

"It's fun, no one knows what we're talking about." he whispered back.

"We're in a hallway." I told him matter-of-factly.

"So?" he asked. I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"You are such a dork." I said.

"That's why you love me, isn't it?" he asked.

"Partly." I replied. Before he could respond, the school bell went off.

"That's time. I'll see you at lunch." he said.

"See ya." Zac gave my lips a quick kiss before disappearing in the crowd of students. I sighed happily, closing my locker, than coming face to face with a not-too-happy looking Sandy.

"Ah! What the hell are you doing?" I asked her.

"Just noticing how buddy-buddy you and Zac have gotten. It's disgusting FYI, nobody likes PDA." she replied.

"I don't believe that's any of your business. Can I help you or something?" I asked.

"Do you honestly think Zac wants someone like you?" she asked me.

"I don't follow." I replied.

"Of course you don't, you're just too stupid to understand." she said.

"Excuse me! That's harsh!" I told her.

"Daniella Lavek," she sighed. "You're so innocent, so pure. What the hell makes you think that someone like Zac wants a sweet, kind, innocent little virgin girl?" she asked.

"So what? He doesn't care about that," I replied.

"You believe the bullshit that blondie's been telling you? Dani, you're pretty, you're smart. But you're not as smart as me. I know about boys like Zac, and I know they only chase girls like you for one reason and one reason only. You have a beautiful body, and he wants to take advantage of that. But after he does, bye-bye Zaniella." she said.

"Zaniella?" I asked.

"That's the ship name everyone's come up with. All I'm saying is, I hope you're into the horizontal mambo, because that's what Zac's gonna want from you. Trust me, it's what he wants from all girls." then she turned on her heels and strutted away. I could just picture the smug smirk that was plastered onto her lips as she did, thinking she won this round.

Honestly though, I felt like she did. She was right, an innocent, play-by-the-rules girl would never even peak Zac's attention without him having further motives.

That's what I'm afraid of.