Hunger Games AU - MJ

•The Hunger Games•
From the Treaty of the Treason: In penance of their uprising, each district shall offer up a male and female between the age of 12 and 18 at a public "Reaping." These tributes shall be delivered to the custody of the Capitol. And then transferred to a public arena where they will fight to the death until a lone victor remains.

Henceforth and forevermore this pageant shall be known as

The Hunger Games

***

24 tributes.

And only 1 Victor.

That's how it always been, 24 children fighting to the death for the entertainment of the Capitol and President Snow.

Every year, you had to watch the two "lucky" young man and woman from your district walk in to the arena and fight.

District 5, only having a few winners from time to time. And this year, it was you.

But they never told you what it would take to become the winner. They never told you the screams you had to hear when someone was dying. The blood you got on your hands for killing someone.

How in the first twenty seconds right after the canon booms, it was a blood bath. Watching everyone run to the Cornicopia to get their hands on a weapon. Killing each other, hearing nothing but screams.

But you ran, you grabbed one of the few bags scattered far out from the Cornicopia, and into the woods. You ran and ran getting deep into the woods and climbing a tree to get away from all the danger.

Not even noticing, you won, having to kill a few to survive.

The silence, the silence was the worst thing in the world. It made you crazy, paranoid, alone with your thoughts, it was scary.

After your Winner's ceremony, you returned back to your district. Taking your family and moving to Victor's Village.

Every night, waking up screaming because of your nightmares. Seeing the faces of the kids you have killed including Matt.

Star crossed lovers that's what you guys were called. A love story starting from district 5 and being used in the capitol for sponsors. You both loved each other, having a future together in the district.

But the odds weren't in your favor at the day of the reaping. Your name being called and his, too. It broke you.

Love, something you thought you had with him. But the end was near and the Gamemakers needed a Victor. He turned on you, you had to kill him.

But, no matter how many times you wash and scrub your hands, the blood of your victims still remained staining your hands.

You were slowly loosing your mind, your family not knowing what to do since you weren't the same since you have left the arena. The games broke you. That was until you met him.

••••••

He was your mentor, Park Myungjun, winner of the hunger games a few years back. The handsome and charming victor adored by the people of the Capitol. His smile will make you fall in love with him.

And then there is you, Y/N L/N, princess of the Capitol, winner of the 70th Hunger Games. Adored by President Snow and the Capitol. The favourite of Ceaser Flickerman.

You remember so well, when you saw him being called at the reaping, his mother crying out and his little sister sobbing.

You also remember the way he killed the kids in the arena. He showed no mercy. He would always aim at the neck or at the heart. Never an arm or leg, always a quick and simple death for the tribute. The smirk that would appear after killing them. It gave you gosebumps.