lust

Mitty took in a deep breath as he pressed the buzzer and awaited an answer. He felt on edge and his throat was dry for reasons he couldn't understand. He recognised this emotion as nervousness but he had never truly experienced it and he wasn't wanting to start now.

"Hello?"

Just hearing Angel's voice washed a wave of calm over him; even if she did sound groggy and inevitably hungover.

"Can you let me in?" He replied.

"I don't know" Angel mumbled.

He was hoping she hadn't remembered the events from the previous night but from the doubtful tone in her voice, he knew this wasn't the case.

"Please?" He added.

There was a pause before the door unlocked and he could make his way in. The hallway seemed eerily quiet as he ascended the stairs to Angel's apartment.

When he reached her floor, the door to her's was slightly ajar and she tentatively pushed it open seeing her sit delicately on one of her chairs with a coffee in her hand.

She looked beautiful, at least to him anyway. Her hair was messy and curly as it fell by her face, she wore a baggy long sleeve top and fluffy socks and he could tell she felt subconscious about how she looked but he thought she looked perfect.

"How you feeling?" He asked closing the door behind him.

Her skin was pale and her eyes were heavy, showing all the signs of nursing a hangover like he had too suffered many times.

"My head hurts" She replied softly.

She had woken up with a throbbing pain in her head and she had wanted to crawl back under the covers to sleep ever since yet her mind wouldn't allow it, flashes of the night before replaying tauntingly in her head.

"Why are you here?" She asked him, looking into his eyes for the first time since he had arrived.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay" He said truthfully "I think we ran into a little misunderstanding last night"

"I think I understood everything perfectly clear" Angel replied, her tone laced with bitterness.

She swigged the last of her coffee before harshly sliding it near the sink. Mitty picked up on her annoyance and hoped he would be able to ease it away but he knew how stubborn she could be and he couldn't tell if this would be easy or not.

"You were drunk" Mitty stated sitting down across from her.

"Always great at observing" She bitterly noted trying desperately to not roll her eyes.

"I didn't want to do anything with you in that state" He added "I couldn't"

Her eyes softened slightly trying to determine if the words he was saying were honest or if he just wanted to clear his name.

"I was fine" She mumbled.

"Are you really mad at me over this?" He asked growing annoyed that she was annoyed at him to begin with.

"It was humiliating Mitty" She sighed, her voice coming out coarse like she might cry.

She stood up, frustration taking over as she paced over to the counter desperately trying to avoid looking at him because she would just give in.

"I threw myself at you and you didn't want me" She whispered reliving the feelings from the night before.

He got up from his seat also, walking over to where she stood placing his arms either side of her to prevent her escaping from him.