armyforlife12: selfless self love

Book Review: armyforlife12

-

Cover

Really solid cover! It's very aesthetic and has good color scheme. It has the two main characters on the front and the title is bold, which gives your readers a good idea of what your book is about!

Rating: 10/10

A simple yet sufficient amount of information provided without spoiling too much. I like the quotes you wrote because it draws your readers in, especially for a romcom book.

Rating: 9/10

Characters

I like the way you present your characters, but I do think you could go more in depth with it. While I was reading, I just didn't know what to expect from them as characters of your book. Are they different from the real life members or are they pretty much the same? More details would be great!

Rating: 5/10

Plot

What I'm about to say is just purely my opinion and you don't have to change anything at all if you don't want to. But I think your plot lacks that "it" factor many readers stay for. Yes, it has a comedic aspect to it and it's fun to read but I do think your book can go up and down every once in a while. When you add a plot twist, make it in a way that a reader can't even begin to guess. An alternate way is to maybe add details to your characters like I said before. Stories with complex characters can sometimes be much better than ones with complex plots.

I also think the plot itself is very fast paced. Jin, for example, seems to be immediately attracted to the other main character. He can be immediately attracted but giving a good reason why would be helpful.

Rating: 5/10

Grammar

There are a few grammar mistakes but I think they can be easily fixed with a little revision. Some sentences are a little disjointed but that can also be fixed as well.

Rating: 7/10

Overall

Overall, I think your book has a lot of potential! It just (in my opinion) needs a little kick to draw your readers in and to have them stay throughout your entire book. I did enjoy reading it because I haven't read a light (not dark or angsty) book in a while ahaha. If you have things you want to point out, feel free to comment or DM me! Thank you requesting <3