Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

PROLOGUE

THE DOOR OF THE private jet opened, signaling everyone who was waiting beneath the airstairs to line up to greet the man who appeared before them. The man had a deadly gaze and an intimidating aura that even grown men would tremble in fear. He wasn't as intimidating as others portray him to be thought. Intimidating wasn't even the fitting word for him, instead, the word elegant comes to mind. What made him so elegant was the way he moved. It seemed like he was gracefully dancing. Every move was well calculated; there was no room for a clumsy mistake.

"Welcome back, Master Cyrus," an old man waiting at the end of the airstairs greeted with a smile on his face. He was wearing a suit with a D logo on the necktie, and his hair was so white you could guess his age by only looking at him.

The man named Cyrus continued walking and ignored not only everyone who was waiting for him, but also the old man who personally greeted him. Surprisingly enough, the old man wasn't even taken aback since he was used to the cold treatment.

"How was your one-week trip to France, master?" he still decided to ask even though he already knew the answer that Cyrus was going to give him, which was nothing because Cyrus doesn't usually answer questions that he finds useless.

"It was fine," Cyrus answered.

Well, that was unexpected.

The old man's smile widened as he and Cyrus arrived in front of a car that was parked only meters away from the private jet. He opened the car door for his master and then said back, "I am glad to hear that master. I bet you didn't even want to leave because of how much you enjoyed yourself."

"I sure did," Cyrus answered sarcastically before stepping inside the car.

Cyrus Delton—the thirty-five-year-old president of the Delton Enterprise—is the serious and cold oldest son of the late Adam Delton. As the first child, the responsibility of taking care of the family business was automatically placed upon him, but he never complained. He desired that CEO seat ever since he was a child, but unfortunately for him, his father made sure to keep the Chief Executive Officer seat empty until his youngest son turns twenty-five. The youngest is now twenty-four. Three more months and they'll know who the new CEO is.

"Where are my siblings?" Cyrus asked the old man who was apparently his driver.

The driver glanced at Cyrus through the rearview mirror and answered, "The two masters are back at the mansion while Madam Catalina is at the company. Do you want to head to where she is? Or would you rather head straight to the mansion instead?"

Cyrus took a deep breath and looked out of the car's window. "Mansion," he simply answered, and the nameless old man nodded his head and followed his master's request.

The mansion that they were referring to was an old hidden house designed to mimic a castle. It was a mansion that Cyrus's father, grandfather, and great-grandfather owned. It is expected that the chosen CEO of the company gets to keep the house as well so he could continue on the Delton bloodline. But since the announcement for the new CEO is postponed, everyone was still living together.

"We're here, Master Cyrus," the old man stated.

Cyrus took a deep breath, said nothing, and went out of the car on his own as maids and butlers rushed to his side to greet their master with a warm welcome.

"Welcome back, Master Cyrus," everyone greeted in unison. But like how the old man was treated, Cyrus ignored them and went inside the mansion without saying a single word to anyone. His footsteps echoed on the marble floor when he got inside. The entire mansion was silent until he heard a loud bang coming from the second floor.

Cyrus loosened his necktie and went up the staircase with a serious expression.

"This early?" he thought to himself while he continued walking.