Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

(4) Delton Mansion

I OPEN THE DOOR of my hotel room. Catalina called me last night and asked for my measurements and address. I gave her my measurements and told her I didn't exactly live around this city so I'm staying at a hotel nearby. I didn't know why she asked about the address, but I found out soon enough when someone knocked on my door the next morning. I was surprised to see a large box waiting for me outside my door.

I look at the left hall, then at the right, but no one was there.

I take the strange box from the floor and carry it to my room. It wasn't heavy, so at least now I know it's not a bomb. I place the box on top of my bed and open it. Inside was actually the suit that Catalina was talking about yesterday. The uniform was what a typical bodyguard would use, but it had a golden letter D in a fancy font on the left side of the coat. The necktie had one too. Apparently, when she said uniform, she really meant uniform.

There was also a pair of shoes, an earpiece, and surprisingly enough, a gun.

When the box was now empty, I was supposed to just throw it aside, but thankfully I saw the lid and saw an envelope attached to it. I pull the envelope off the lid and open it. Inside is a letter that says:

Dear Mr. Vincent Carter,

Good day. Your uniform and equipment are inside, and it is custom-made for your liking. If you need anything else, we will gladly provide them to you. I will give you Master Cyrus's schedule once you arrive at the mansion. You are expected to be here at exactly 8:30 AM. A car will be waiting for you outside at 7:30. Please, do not be late.

I am excited to personally meet you. See you soon.

- Luis Fletcher

I put down the letter and look at the clock on the wall. My eyes widen from shock when I realize that it was already 7:18 AM.

"Shit!" I curse, immediately running towards the bathroom to take a five-minute bath. Afterward, I wore the uniform and earpiece, tuck the gun in my pants that conveniently had a gun holder, and shove the little number of things I have inside my suitcase.

It's already 7:30 so I ran out of my room, use the elevator, and check out from my hotel room before finally reaching the main entrance where I saw a luxury car waiting outside.

I was panting heavily as a man—who was wearing a different uniform as mine, but has the same letter D logo on it—was waiting outside the said car. When he was able to spot me, he approaches me and says, "Mr. Vincent Carter, you're late. You were expected to already be here early."

"Well, the box you guys gave me didn't exactly get sent to my room early either," I answer back, mentally cursing at myself because I'm not really supposed to answer anyone back. I'm the silent and mysterious-type remember?

"I mean, my apologies," I immediately correct myself, and the man doesn't say anything anymore and opens the back door of the car for me instead.

I got inside the car, and both of us went on our merry way. The driver wasn't much of a talker, not like my buddy Russ, so the entire ride was dead silent. I obviously didn't mind that he wasn't a talker, but he could have turned on some music at least.

"So, is the mansion far?" I ask out of nowhere.

Seriously, Elliot, you should shut up.

"No," the driver simply answers.

"Are you perhaps Luis Fletcher? The one who wrote the letter?" I continue to ask for some apparent reason.

Elliot Huxley. Silent and mysterious, remember? Silent and mysterious!