Unkind memories

I opened my eyes and saw thick swirly sheet of darkness.

Where was i? Was there a blackout while I was sleeping?

It was pitch black before my eyes and I frowned, squinting in the dark trying to adjust my eyes when I felt something against my thighs.

I gasped, panic rising abruptly up to my throat.

"H-how did I get here?!" I yelled out squirming to push my body up from the bed. It was no use.

My muscles weren't moving, they were numb. Feeling as if I had no more energy in me, as if the body belonged to someone else. but not now. I had to get up!

"How does this feel?" his voice asked, slurring on every word. His hands ran across my body through the thiness of the fabric. I could feel the scrape of his fingers against the front of my shorts. Then the zipper ran down and all I could do was watch, I felt numb. Frozen. Too sleepy. Weak.  

"N-no!" I stuttered, still trying to fight. Anger flared through my neurones, urging me to get up as his fingers probed and proded the most intimate part of a women . I was chained down, unable to move. Useless. Horrified, unable to scream. 

"H-help!" the sound of my voice vibrated off the walls of my room. Sweat trickled down my forehead, my chest heaving heavily, the air hotter in my room compared to the frozen night outside my window. My eyes transfixed wildly onto the wall before me.

"It was just a nightmare..." I breathed under my breath with relief before taking a glance at my vintage clock on the wall to my right. "Thank God."

It was only 1.00a.m in the early morning.

I sighed heavily, my breath finally slowing, the heat emmiting harsh ly off my body. The night could be seen clearly from my window, overlooking the deserted road that layed in front of the apartment I lived in. Shadows from the building overhead loomed and played onto the stretch of road making the place seem unwanted and unattractive. Haunted and haunting.

There was a comfortable click as my fingers pressed against the switch of the electric kettle. I wandered from the kitchen across the timber flooring of my cozy living room, filled with modern classy furnitures bought by my grandfather for me.

Nothing too hard for my favourite neice. He would always say.

My wallpaper was a sensible white, the furnitures coming in matching logical dark brown, coyote and some grey. The place was neatly organised with just a hint of me in it. I smiled as the sliding door slid to a side with ease, the autumn wind whooshing into my small apartment with obvious impatiencs. Normally, this would have made me shiver to the bones with mutters under my breath and my thick warm sweater pulled up to my chin. But the breeze was a eager welcome  to my hot, fustrated, sticky body after the unpleasant visit to my past while i was in a slumber.     

There was a sharp click as the kettle finished its job. I crossed the room and made tea by the counter, letting the comfortable steam fill the space, offering a kind of warmth.

"Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now..." I sang softly, slipping Denmark's book off the counter. "Our song on the radio-" my voice died abruptly and my brows furrowed as I stared at the cover of the book: Faries and their summoning spell.

"Did i get the wrong book?"I muttered trying to recall how that senario could have hapen. Talking to Henry and the books... on the counter. Of course! I picked up the wrong book. I did an unsatified grumble, as I studied the brown cover of the book. Out of curiousity, I flipped the pages open and found a beautiful women smiling at me, her eyes the colour of water, crystal clear and a small pouty mouth forming a sweet, innocent smile. I turned the pages again, my ear pinna catching the faint rustle of the tress outside and over the balcony.

"Farires are one of the famous guardians of nature, gentle and kind creatures that are shown to be shy and mischievous. They possess rare beauty that mortals cannot." I read aloud, then raising a brow, I shut the book as the hoot of a distant owl reached my ears.

"I should turn in for the day." I mumbled to myself, downing down my tea like it was the best wine and headed back to bed, carelessly flinging the book to a side. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

So this was it! chapter 3 and more to come! 

Just remember to 

enjoy!

comment

vote 

share!

XOXO