PART 8

2014:
SAM POV:
I'm out running, when all of a sudden I get a strange tingling feeling "On your left." Then it's gone. I immediately understand that whatever flew by me, was one of my soulmates. I try to catch up, but it is hopeless. As the figure disappears off into the distance, I feel my heart break.

He didn't stop, so he mustn't want me. Just my luck.

But I was wrong, because I feel the feeling again a few minutes later "On your left." "Uh huh, on my left. Got it." I continue running, until I feel it again. But before he says anything, I do "Don't say it! Don't you say it!"

 But before he says anything, I do "Don't say it! Don't you say it!"

"On your left." "Come on!" He keeps running. I try again to catch up, but get a stitch in my side and my body has just had enough. I make my way over to a tree and collapse on the ground, leaning against it, trying to catch my breath "Need a medic?" I look up to see a tall, muscular blonde man, the man who kept speeding past me. I laugh "I need a new set of lungs." He smiles.

God, that's a perfect smile.

"Dude, you just ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes." "I guess I got a late start." "Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." I smirk and glance around "Did you just take it? I assumed you took it." He chuckles "What unit you with?" "58, pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA. Sam Wilson." I hold out a hand, he pulls me up and I feel electricity. Once on my feet, I look up into beautiful blue eyes "Steve Rogers." I nod "I kind of put that together."

FATE POV:
I've been sent to where three helicarriers are in the sky, HYDRA sent me, instead of S.H.I.E.L.D, so I pull on my HYDRA uniform, put on some makeup and curl my long hair, which I dyed dark blonde a few weeks ago. I grab my weapons and take my leave.

When I arrive on one of the helicarriers, the fight is already happening. I join straight in, obviously becoming a quicker target since I'm in a HYDRA uniform rather than being disguised in their own uniform. I'm told to head down to find the Avengers, who are up to something. I don't quite know where I'm going, but as soon as I see a dark skinned man with wings, I know I've found one of my targets. He speaks, I'm assuming through an earpiece "I'm in." I start shooting at him and he flies around to avoid the bullets "On second thought, you'll have to give me a sec." He flies at me and I feel how I felt when I got close to Barton.

Damn it!

I grab him as he flies by and pull him downwards, he falls and I land on top of him. The last expression I see before I punch him in the face, is a look of pure shock. He's then laying there unconscious. I search through his pockets and find something, though I'm not sure what it is. I then hear a voice through his earpiece, so I take it and listen, it's a woman "Sam!? Respond!" Then a male voice "What's going on? Sam, where are you? Did you say you were in?" I click my own earpiece "I've brought one of them down, he has something on him but I'm not sure what it does." "It's whatever they're up to, put it in your pocket and we'll have a look later." "Alright." "Help the Soldier." My eyes widen.

Dad?

"Soldier?" "Yes, the Winter Soldier is on one of those helicarriers, help him." "On it." I'm then tackled to the ground, stomach down, I look over my shoulder at the man I had knocked out, his nose is bleeding. He grabs the item back from me "You didn't kill me, so I assume that means you feel the soulmate thing too?" "Yeah." "What's gonna happen now then?" I make a quick decision,  which could be a huge mistake "I'm not going to kill you, you going to kill me?" "Sam! Answer us! We only have 7 minutes left!" I find myself asking him "7 minutes till what?"

SAM POV:
She hands me an earpiece, I then notice mine is missing. Whilst holding her down, I put it back in "Repeat." Hill responds "What the hell happened!?" "Came across a HYDRA Agent, knocked me out." "You've taken care of them?" "Not exactly. We're soulmates." Steve speaks "That makes sense, since we have the HYDRA logo on us. Maybe we can-" "Need I remind you, we're on a tight schedule here! 6 minutes!" "Okay." I quickly let go of my soulmate and run to where I need to be, I place the chip in "Bravo locked." Maria sighs "Two down, one to go." Then Steve speaks "Hey Sam, I'm gonna need a ride." "Roger." I turn and see that the HYDRA Agent has gone, I sigh "Let me know when you're ready." "I just did!" I fly out of the helicarrier, I manage to spot Steve falling and fly down to him, I grab him and fly straight up "You know, you're heavier than you look." We land on the last helicarrier "I had a big breakfast." Our soulmate appears out of nowhere and pushes Steve over the edge, I run to the edge and call out to him "Steve!"