Chapter three

As I watched the she c- no Cinderheart walk away, I wondered why she helped someone like him. I shook the thought out of his head. She probably just didn't know he was the BloodClan leader. I looked down a my neck the best I could to find cobwebs and leaves covering up the wound Firestar has given me.

I clenched my teeth together in the thought of Firestar. I unsheathed his claws, "Some day, his blood will be on my paws..." I hissed under my breath. 

Cinderheart's POV

I padded back to camp, and there she saw Graystripe assigning dusk patrols. I ran up to him ready to go on a patrol. "I want Dustpelt to lead a border patrol at the ShadowClan border. You will take Sootpaw and Cloutail with you. Brackenfur, I want you to lead another border patrol down to the RiverClan border. Featherpaw told me a RiverClan apprentice has been talking about a battle over Sunning Rocks, I want you to take Ashfur, Mousefur, Longtail, Bramblepaw, Willowpelt, and Rainpaw with you.  And Thornclaw lead a hunting patrol down to SnakeRocks, I want you to take Mistyfoot, Stormpaw, and Cinderheart."

I sighed as I followed Thornclaw. Once we made it there, we all split up to hunt by ourselves. I opened my mouth tasting the air, a strong scent of adder flooded my mouth. I crouched down following the strong scent.

"Hello!"

I jumped up, watching the adder scurry off. I turned growling just to see Thornclaw standing there. "Thornclaw you mousebrain I almost got that adder!" I hissed, my pelt prickling and my tail fluffed up.

"In sorry... I didn't really mean to..." I suddenly felt guilty for screaming at him. I shifted awkwardly away from him. "I'ma... Go now..." 

***

"Nice catch Cinderheart!" Stormpaw stared at my plump mouse. "Thanks Stormpaw! Your not so bad yourself." I heard an purr erupt from him as he dropped his squirrel.

We started to pad back to camp each of us holding a piece of prey, some of us had two.

As we made are way back to camp we saw Rainpaw running back to camp with fear in his eyes. "What happened? " Before I could speak Rainpaw blurted out something, "RIVERCLAN ATTACKED... IM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU GUYS!!! ILL BURY THE PREY YOU GUYS GO!"

I ran off towards Sunning Rocks to find many fighting cats. I leaped into battle fighting a huge tom who was nearly twice my size. I hissed, leaping at his right side digging my claws and teeth into it. My weight nearly knocked the large tom over a bit, but he managed to keep his balance.

He pushed me off, knocking me into the ground. I could feel his weight crushing me, he was so heavy I could hardly breath! I could feel claws rip into my pelt as I struggled to get out of his grip. Suddenly he was pushed off of me. I looked up to find a ginger cat standing above me. Firestar! I leaped in joy as I saw many more cats jump into battle.

I helped Firestar fight the huge tom till He scurried off back to RiverClan. "SUNNING ROCKS IS THUNDERCLANS AND ALWAYS WILL BE, RIVERCLAN!" I could hear Firehtar shout. His voice booming over all the fighting cats, "RETREAT NOW! OR PREPARD TO GET HURT FOR NOTHING!" I stared at him in as as I watched him pad over to Leopardstar. His huge paws thumping on the ground almost made me purr but, I held it in.

"We'll get you next time Firestar! RIVERCLAN RETREAT!" I watched all the riverclan cats scurry off. We showed them. Then, suddenly I remembered something.

Oh know... I forgot to catch some prey for the black tom I found!

I rush to the camp to quickly eat something. "You alright Cinderheart that tom got you badly?" Thornclaw mewed worriedly.  I suddenly felt the pain of the deep cuts the tom got me. "I-ill be alright..." I padded off towards the camp entrance. I winceed in pain as the bracken scrapped against my cuts.

I eventually was able too catch some prey, I had caught a scrawny old vole. I sighed  knowing it wasn't much.

At least it's something...

I limped over to the small fox den where I had carried the small tom. I squeezed through the entrance of the den and dropped the small vole at his paws. 

"What's your name?" I asked suddenly regretting it once he said it. "Scourge." then it hit me. When Firestar gave him that wound it ripped his collar off.

It's too late now Cinderheart. You've helped him way to much to turn back.

"I'll stay with you for the night to make sure no one finds out your here. I'll come when the moon is at its highest and leave right before they send out the dawn patrol's leave..." I sighed staring at him. He was already drifting off to sleep once more. Poor guy... I thought, wait, this is Scourge your talking about Cinderheart! The guy who tried to murder everybody! I mentally scolded myself. Know what, just go back to camp, get your wounds treated, and leave at Moonhigh to check on Scourge. I mentally sighed, glancing back once at Scourge, and padded away into the distance.